cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

I'm trying to get into my old account but it's asking "where I met my spouse?" Only problem is I was never married
New 'Hoo

Re: Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

My cousin Claudia can't gain access because she forgot her secret answer. She still remembers her right password but yahoo wants she answers her secret answer too, to better protect her account (it says...), otherway yahoo doesn't let her log in. We have no words, we feel powerless because there is no way to contact yahoo assistance to have help. 

What can we do? 

Thanks

Established 'Hoo

yea, after reading all these comments of ppl having the same problem as me, im pretty disappointed with yahoo. i changed my number recently and now yahoo won't let me back into my account unless i get the verification code from my old number. i know my password and all just my number is changed and that's the only thing that is preventing me from logging in. i reccommend ppl just use google. i changed my number with ease when logging into gmail.

New 'Hoo

My wife forgot her password for her yahoo email account and we have gotten no help to solve this issue.  I guess we should probably go to gmail or some other service provider.

New 'Hoo

Looks like we can't recover your account online. Please visit our help site to get back in.

I am trying to enter an account of mine after forgetting the password, however upon attempting to go through the password recovery process I recieve the following message:

"Uh Oh... Looks like we can't recover your account online. Please visit our help site to get back in."

I have not been able to locate any relevant information on the help site. I do have a cell phone number associated with this account so I unsure why I cannot just have a verification code sent to my mobile device.

'Hoo Recruit

I remember my password. The problem is it's asking me to enter a code sent to an old phone number that I had (I don't have access to it anymore since I moved out of the Philippines). It says something about me travelling. Well. Yes. I am travelling. I need to access that particular email, because of certain personal stuff (Nintendo 3DS Games). I am getting very frustrated since it just blocks me when I click I don't have access to the phone anymore. I know this is a free service and I shouldn't be complaining, but this just sucks.

New 'Hoo

have always had check on keep me signed in.............so forgot password.........but did know 1 of secret questions...for some reason dogs name did not work...........old recovery Yahoo mail hasn't been used for years and password was changed many times....and other net venture site is no longer in business...so if keep me signed in isn't working...what does one do now???

New 'Hoo

Hey yahoo people. You and your system are too odd. I am surprised by using this yahoo mail. No one is secured here. Listen, I recently changed my yahoo verification number and delete my recovery email. Then I clicked on Forget password. and I was surprised by seeing this that, the deleted number is already there. but few minute ago I removed it and checked also that in the Account security. so.. How it was here ??? How ?? Is it your system ??? Please give me proper solution. otherwise it will be dangerous for your system.

'Hoo Recruit

hey, did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same problem, except they said I was traveling when I really wasn't. Does anyone where I could chat with a yahoo customer support? I need my e-mail, and can't find help anywhere.

Pro 'Hoo

I did verify my account.. and i can log on to main with my password and all that but it cannot pull up my mail.. I dont care if it has been purged i just want to be able to send email.s . Thank you ,,.  I hope replying is the way to contact you.,I am so confused why is there no email link or chat or something that feels like i am actually accomplishing something

imapussie...is my name