cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Re: How do I contact Yahoo customer care to reactivate account mail?

I have been fighting with the help center for two days now. So I need to long into my **Username Removed**@yahoo.com for school stuff and when I open it up it ask me to sign in so I click sign in I know the password and that stuff but its asking for an old phone number I no long have I contact the email custormer care. They then sent me back to the help site which hasn't help me can someone help me please i need to get into that account I do have a number to set it up with it

Pro 'Hoo

Re: How do I contact Yahoo customer care to reactivate account mail?

I forget my password help me to set passpord

'Hoo Recruit

Forgot password and can't access recovery email

I haven't used my yahoo mail for long time and now I don't remember the password. My problem is that I didn't activate recovery phone number and even don't remember the password of my recovery email, but I really need my yahoo mail's password because my Facebook account and some other social media accounts are synced with it.
I remember my security question that I had chosen when signing up the email but unfortunately yahoo doesn't give me the choice to answer that question. when I click "I forgot my password" part, I see just a message that says an email has been sent to my recovery account but I need another solution to verify and access my account.
How can I access my email?
Help plz.
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Cannot access email

is there anybody moderator here, who speaks Greek language?

a friend has a problem with their (mail) account.
he's remember the username, he's remember the password
but does not remember the verification answers.
the mail is: **Username Protected**@yahoo.com

please help.
what are we doing now?

New 'Hoo

Re: can not open mail box

I cannot remember my password. What do i do?
New 'Hoo

Re: Mail in Inbox not visible via IMAP: IOS 11 and Win 10 / Outlook

MY ACCOUNT WAS COMPROMISED, I LOST ACCESS TO MY YAHOO AND FACEBOOK, PLEASE I WANT MY ACCOUNT RETRIEVED BACK.

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Manual reactivation needed, am in impossible situation

I'm in a similar predicament: have been using pop3 WITHOUT webmail functional for YEARS because i got in the situation my secondary email adress was unreachable as it is a yahoo.com.cn email address which GOT CLOSED BY YAHOO.

as a result for the past 10 years or so have been using pop3 ONLY as logging in i would ask to verify my seconday email address which doesn't exist anymore!

All i need is the 'irregular activity flag" be reset so i can loggin normaly and change my secondary email address and add other secuity.

I got all 10 years of pop3 email here to prove it's me, INSIDE THE MAILS are my addresses and phonenumbers and ALL KIND OF PERSONAL STUFF. EVEN PASSPORT COPIES OF MYSELF! sent from my **Username Protected**@yahoo.co.uk account by myself and i proving it's me!

automated recovery with me having to state 5 companies, 5 email aliasses, etc etc, DO NOT WORK, as appearantly no-one intelligent is reading the replies, and as pop3 is set to REMOVE MAIL from server, yahoo doesn't have any of my mail. i can provide proof of my full name (used as yahoo ID) bbut also tell you which companies would still be sending email to you (my BANK!)  and also show i have the valid password also for primary and secondary email.

all i need is the "irregular activity flag" to be lifted so i can change seconday email address or add my phonenumber or whatever. the account is not hacked, never has been.

more detail:

using **Username Protected**@yahoo.co.uk since before 2000, since 2003 i moved to china and started using a chinese yahoo: **Username Protected**@yahoo.com.cn, i kept both emails and forwarded all .co.uk mail to .com.cn because for some reason the .cn mail server and webmail worked faster. then i started to use POP3 mail and then one day YAHOO CHINA stopped working. Everything KEPT WORKING, both webmail and pop3 when ONE DAY SUDDENLY signing into webmail on .co.uk i it said irregular activity and asked to verify my seconday email address. I use no other email then yahoo, and as by then the Chinese yahoo secondary email was inoperative due to yahoo, i could not do anything (yes i asked and did the recovy, but already then it was impossible as i had all mail on thunderbird and not on yahoo servers so the name 5 people and companies recovery DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. (automated? i never got an intellible reply, only that it failed)

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Manual reactivation needed, am in impossible situation

by the way: i moved back to the netherlands after 14 years in China, and opened **Username Protected**@yahoo.com now, and use skypost.me adresses as backup email.

please allow me a chance to forward some old mail, or screenprints of thunderbird mail, with even info on ordering products etc and my actuall adress in it, etc, my phonenumber and more... i would have to change email addres with dozens of companies otherwise.

it's just not fair all of a sudden pop3 stopped working (probably because now i would need to activate the 'allow unsafe apps' option, it stopped working.

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Manual reactivation needed argumentation

I had a discussion years ago when first i tried recover my secondary email with someone from yahoo singapore (i transfered to singapore locale for dual english chinese and also server speed balance between accessing from europe (Netherlands) and China...) in which the guy explained that having possesion of all the personal mail could just mean i am an imposter who found or stole a laptop with all the email and data on it, and is no proof of 'ownership' of the emailaccouont. But ask yourself this: would an imposter have ownership of most mobilephonenumers mentioned in the emails, be able to show dated login screens to bank websites mentioned in the emails, and be able to show dated physical mail mailed to addresses mentioned in the emails, and... be able to show his face on a picture with please help me activate my account + my FULL secondary email adress (which is always half***out on yahoo) AND a passport hich also is attached in mails in the past etc?   REALLY any refusal to try and restore my account is only a question of time and effort needed to check me out not of the actual feasability, it's obviously feasable. paying? i am willing to pay upto 40-60 euro maybe open a yahoo business acount to get actual hep from customer service??   just brainstorming here. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Manual reactivation needed argumentation

@amykim  At this time we do not have an ETA on the resolution. Please take a look at this post in the Known Issue board for updates on this issue.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda