cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

SOLVED
Administratin' 'Hoo

Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

Hi everyone,

So why was your post moved here?  You were sent to this community because you cannot recover your account using password/sign-in helper, and when that doesn't work you do not have an email option alternative. At this time we do not have a fix for you as your account must be verified using an automated system.

Why can't you just fix my account? We cannot guarantee the safety of your account or its information if we were to attempt verification via an open community.

This is a place where gather your concerns and feedback. We hope this leads to more assistance for people in your situation in the future. Unfortunately we can't make any guarantees. By having all in one place, we can more easily track the cause and impact to those who haven't been successful using the automated system.

We're genuinely sorry that we are not able to provide further assistance!

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: How can I reach Yahoo customer service chat? Need to recover/access Yahoo mail

There is no support phone number or email address. All listed numbers as answers are spam and scams.

There is some support at the following site depending on the subject. You may find the answer, an email page, and possibly a phone or chat link though I have not seen the last 2 for a while.

Go to https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=home&locale=en_US

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
1,169 REPLIES
'Hoo Helper

locked account

hello i cant believe 4 the life of me how yahoo is as large as they are an you cant speak text or chat with any1. my account as been locked or even hacked and the system is not allowing me 2 do anything the number i have on file is a iphone i no longer have an cant receive the number i need

Contributin' 'Hoo

I NEED HELP

I have problem with reset yahoo password, but the reason is that i never receive the verification code. I called many times my network operator but they said that everything is ok, the problem that i cannot recieve the verification code is at YAHOO Center. I tried many times to recover on-line but allways was an error that:

Uh-oh...

Looks like we can't recover your account online. Please visit our help site to get back in.

Please help it's important !

'Hoo Helper

How can I reach Yahoo customer service chat? Need to recover/access Yahoo mail

How do I reach Yahoo Customer Service chat?

My son's fiancee needs to recover her password and she no longer has access to her Penn State 

email address.  Online "password recovery" just sends her in circles.

Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: How can I reach Yahoo customer service chat? Need to recover/access Yahoo mail

There is no support phone number or email address. All listed numbers as answers are spam and scams.

There is some support at the following site depending on the subject. You may find the answer, an email page, and possibly a phone or chat link though I have not seen the last 2 for a while.

Go to https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=home&locale=en_US

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
'Hoo Helper

Thanks ... I have been through that circle ... it asks to recover to backup email (unfortunately the University eMail which is no longer available) and then sends back to the "online help" page which sends back to the online "forgot password" ....

I see comments in forums that essentially read "Yahoo doesn't care, just make a new eMail account -- don't talk with us".  

'Hoo Helper

The following info on Yahoo is not very satisfying.  Trying to recover access to the account to GET information from email, not just send new information.

There must be some way around this!  Suggestions (especially from Yahoo!)?

My account recovery information is incorrect

We take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.

When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. 

The Password Helper says my password can't be reset online - If you've tried using the Sign-in Helper and weren't able to get access to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend creating a new Yahoo account.
Established 'Hoo

Re: Continue reactivating your account by contacting customer care

Im also unable to access my email kerrysanchez04  worst part is my phone broke the day before my email acct went awall, so im unable to get reset code. Yahoo Password Helper & Yahoo Help just reloops me back and forth between the same process.

ffg
Established 'Hoo

Re: Forgot password - recovery information outdate/wrong

hi,

I have another account. it is;  **Username Removed**@yahoo.com. I forget some parts of my password and when I try to use yahoo revory system, I forget the answer to the key question; what is the nickname of your youngest child? last update was march 4 20011 and I don't remember the answer this question. I need this email because I have a lot of contacts with it..

waiting for your sincer answer.

ff

'Hoo Helper

@ErstwhileIII wrote:

How do I reach Yahoo Customer Service chat?

My son's fiancee needs to recover her password and she no longer has access to her Penn State 

email address.  Online "password recovery" just sends her in circles.

she won't be able to unless it says email us or call us then she's basically out of luck is what they told me through twitter that if their email us or call us option does not pop up then they cannot be of any help because that means that the account doesn't have the support system which is bull since that's how i was able to get into my account from the get go then they suggest you create a new account with them, like yeah you just let someone hack my account and you have the audacity to think that i am gonna do business with you all again? yeah okay good luck with that.

i hope they somehow manage to help your son's fiance figure out her issues.