cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Close Yahoo account form not accepting the email I logged in with

'Hoo Recruit

Close Yahoo account form not accepting the email I logged in with

Hi all,

Am trying to close my account using the form at https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account/delete. However, the email address I used to log in isn't working (I have checked in my account page and that is the email for my account), I just get 'Email could not be verified. Please enter a valid email address.'

This is extremely frustrating, does anyone know why this is happening?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Close Yahoo account form not accepting the email I logged in with

Greetings @someoneonline

Are you posting this question from the account you wish to close?  Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

The most common reason for seeing this message is that you are entering a non-Yahoo email address.  The close account link is only for Yahoo accounts as defined above.  You can't use it to close a Yahoo partner account or a Yahoo account you created using a non-Yahoo account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Hiya,

It's a non-yahoo ending email on the account, so I guess that's why it's not working, thanks for letting me know. 

How would I close my account in that case? I have no other linked accounts (flickr etc is all closed), but I can still login with my gmail address to the main Yahoo account section.

Cheers

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @someoneonline

When you use a Gmail address to create a Yahoo account it doesn't create a Yahoo email address since it uses your Gmail inbox.  Currently the only thing I can suggest is to not sign into this account again and Yahoo should deactivate the account after 12 months of inactivity.  Yahoo is currently investigating how to allow people that created a Yahoo account using a non-Yahooo addresses.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Hiya,

Ok thanks for the help, I'll leave it be and see what happens.

Cheers