cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Change Password

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Change Password

With duel authentication and security features I now can't find a simple way to change my password. This is critical and after a hours I still can't find a simple resolution to change password. I just get ways to get into my account without changing it. I want to completely change my password as it has been compromised and I want to change it. This now seems to not be an option as it takes you down the authentication path to access not make changes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Change Password

Just go to Account Security under Account Info or click here.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
42 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Just go to Account Security under Account Info or click here.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
New 'Hoo

How to change pass word?

New 'Hoo

i need change password

but i forget all security answer

The only place under account security to change passwords is for apps. I want to change the password on my Yahoo Plus account. Please point me to a place to reset my word

New 'Hoo

this is what I want to do--change my password

Mail Pro All-star

@AmericanSurplus wrote:

The only place under account security to change passwords is for apps. I want to change the password on my Yahoo Plus account. Please point me to a place to reset my word

@AmericanSurplus

Capture.PNG

New 'Hoo

forgot password

hi..i just forgot my password..but i also forgot the security questions to get change password..please help me
Pro 'Hoo

AmericanSurplus,

follow the advice from Bartley_Hound  but disable the 'securuty key' before going to 'account secirity' and you will get a screen that allows you to make a new password.  Afterwards you will have to reinstall your 'security key' (if you prefer) and change the passwords on your mobile apps.

New 'Hoo

Re: forgot password

How to change my password