cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Cant sign in password doesnt work and all original revory accounts and numbers gone. What can I do

New 'Hoo

Cant sign in password doesnt work and all original revory accounts and numbers gone. What can I do

Nothing works to get me into my email password no longer works and all recovery accounts gone. Help
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Cant sign in password doesnt work and all original revory accounts and numbers gone. What can I

Hello @RebB

We take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.

When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

To get in to your account you need to use the sign-in helper at https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?lang=en-US which will send a code to the recovery phone or email that only you have access to. If you don't have access to recovery you can't recover.

It is an automated system, if you don't have the needed tools no one can help you.

Make a new account and be sure your keep recovery up to date to avoid problems like this in the future. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/create-yahoo-account-sln2056.html

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Cant sign in password doesnt work and all original revory accounts and numbers gone. What can I

Greetings @RebB

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

When was the last time you had signed into this account to check your email?  Are you posting this question from the account you are trying to recover?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Once that happens it's unlikely you can recover this account.

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

please gave me some help. i have problem with sign in mobile code because i lost my phone number so i cannot get the sign in code. what should i do?

New 'Hoo

i have problem with sign in my account "**Username Protected**@rocketmail.com" because i lost my phone number so i cannot get the sign in code. if i can prove that account mine so what should i do?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @stanburry

Can you answer the questions in my previous reply?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @stanburry

We take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.

When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

To get in to your account you need to use the sign-in helper at https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?lang=en-US which will send a code to the recovery phone or email that only you have access to. If you don't have access to recovery you can't recover.

It is an automated system, if you don't have the needed tools no one can help you.

Make a new account and be sure your keep recovery up to date to avoid problems like this in the future. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/create-yahoo-account-sln2056.html

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".