cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Cant access my email cause it does not send the authentication mail

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Cant access my email cause it does not send the authentication mail

I have a mail i try to log in. In order to log in into this email i need to recieve a authentication mail to another account. But the other account had the @yahoo.gr and now it is changed to @yahoo.com. But the authentication mail is send to @yahoo.gr. So i cant recieve the mail. What can i do?

11 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Cant access my email cause it does not send the authentication mail

Greetings @apostolosk

Domain extensions in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN2153.html?impressions=true

When was the last time you had signed into this yahoo.gr account?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for it to remain active, otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  When you first signed into this account was the inbox empty of emails bearing the yahoo.gr email address?  When you sign into this account are you using just your account ID or are you using the entire yahoo.gr email address?  Have you checked what email addresses are associated with this account?  Here's how to do this:

In Yahoo Classic put your cursor on the Gear icon
Click on "Settings"
In the Settings box click on "Accounts"
You will see "Email addresses" to the right.
The first email address listed is your primary email address.

In the new Beta mail click on Settings
Under Settings click on "More Settings"
Under More Settings click on "Mailboxes"
Under Mailbox list you will see all the accounts listed
The first email address listed is your primary email address.

If the yahoo.gr address isn't listed then what happened is that Yahoo was able to reactivate your account after all your yahoo.gr address is just a name.  However it wasn't able to reactivate your email inbox associated with this name.  Since all new accounts end in Yahoo.com no matter where you are the system checked if using your Account ID and adding yahoo.com to that would lead to an available email address.  It did so the system created that address and linked it to your account.  Unfortunately there is no way to receive any emails sent to the yahoo.gr address and no way to recover any emails that were in that inbox.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Established 'Hoo

I have another email linked only to the @yahoo.gr. When i try to log in into this mail i get a message that yahoo needs to send a authedication mail to the @yahoo.gr. But the @yahoo.gr doesnt exist according to your message. So how am i going to solve this?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @apostolosk

I'm sorry but I see no solution in store as the yahoo.gr email address no longer exists and there's no way to create one.  You do have to option to create a new email account and give everyone your new email address.

Here's how to create a new account.

Use the following article to secure it properly.

Secure your Yahoo account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln2080.html

I always recommend that people add at least two recovery email addresses and make one of them a non-Yahoo email address.  Since you will have to add a mobile number during the account creation process that will give you three ways to recover this account in case that's needed.  Be sure you check the recovery email address at least two or three times a year just so you can make sure you can still access them.  Make sure you update your recovery phone number if your mobile phone number changes.

You can also use a password manager like KeePass or LastPass to create and store strong unique passwords for the sites you visit. These programs can also automatically log you in to any web site you have stored in its database.

Established 'Hoo

Yeah the thing is that the email i want to have access is linked to some accounts in websites. So i dont want a new mail i want to get access to this particular account

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @apostolosk

I realize that you would like to get access to your previous email address but as I've explained previously that's not going to happen.   I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more assistance.

Established 'Hoo

Cant yahoo help me somehow.

The only solution can be done by their side?

Any way to speak with someone working on yahoo directly?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @apostolosk

My answers are coming from what the Yahoo admins have already said about domain-specific email address and what happens to them when they are closed due to inactivity.

Since you're asking for any way to speak directly with someone about this issue you can use this link to find the location of the nearest Oath office.  Just scroll down to Region shortcuts and then keep going till you get to Europe.  Once you have the address you should plan your visit during normal office hours.  Once you arrive you just need to ask the person at the front desk to page someone that can assist you with your question.  That would be the only way I know to get direct assistance.

Mail Pro All-star

@apostolosk

That account no longer exists, all you can do it make a new account.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Established 'Hoo

So there is NO way to have access to my email? 

I think this is unacceptable from yahoo. They blocked me outside my mail while i remember my password. 

I dont want to get my old mails back. I need to get a new email back. I dont care for my old mails. I cant do that?