cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

s.yimg.com

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

s.yimg.com

I kept getting s.yimg.com showing up when trying to return to yahoo using the back button.

I googled and the site was listed  as malware. I blocked the web site and now I can only see an abbreviated yahoo web page. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fiz
Bold 'Hoo

Re: s.yimg.com

Your previous post wasn't terribly clear, so my assumption had to be based on problematic causes for odd browser behavior.

You are (I'm having to guess) having a problem with scriptiong errors -- <?>

Yahoo is filled with them for some reason. More than any other site I ever visit on the web. Their underlying code is very poorly put together/maintained. I use a very well-maintained computer and my browser is always up to date and in good shape, yet the scripting issues come up with Yahoo, but almost not at all with others.

If that's your issue, then please be clear with future questions so others attemtping to respond knows what the situiation is about.

Firefox may solve this in it's next update v. 48.x coming in August, but time will tell. In the meantime you will have to put up with yahoo's cobbled code as best as you can, perhaps try a different browser with Yahoo pages.

16 REPLIES
fiz
Bold 'Hoo

If you visit **bleep** sites or other violent, social websites, that are loaded with bugs, viruses, and trojans you have to expect problems.

I would recommend you get a good antivirus program and start scanning. Maybe use a good web-protection feature of that program would be a good idea.

'Hoo Recruit

The only site that showed s.yimg.com was Yahoo. When I blocked it, the only site affected was Yahoo.

I don't visit any of the sights you describe and I have very good AV program that auto scans. Just wondering why only Yahoo was involved.

Thanks for your "input".

fiz
Bold 'Hoo

Your previous post wasn't terribly clear, so my assumption had to be based on problematic causes for odd browser behavior.

You are (I'm having to guess) having a problem with scriptiong errors -- <?>

Yahoo is filled with them for some reason. More than any other site I ever visit on the web. Their underlying code is very poorly put together/maintained. I use a very well-maintained computer and my browser is always up to date and in good shape, yet the scripting issues come up with Yahoo, but almost not at all with others.

If that's your issue, then please be clear with future questions so others attemtping to respond knows what the situiation is about.

Firefox may solve this in it's next update v. 48.x coming in August, but time will tell. In the meantime you will have to put up with yahoo's cobbled code as best as you can, perhaps try a different browser with Yahoo pages.

New 'Hoo

Why can't I open my **Username Removed**@yahoo.co.il?

assaf benyamini.

*1)my additional emails: **Username Removed**@gmail.com or: **Username Removed**@gmail.com or: **Username Removed**@walla.co.il

2)my phone numbers: at home-***Phone Number Removed***

New 'Hoo

Good Bay
New 'Hoo

Why is this marked as 'Solved' when it certainly is not! s.yimg.com is still invading Yahoo on a daily basis for me. It is noted as serious malware, but so far no-one has come up with an answer that makes any sense. Don't bother telling people to stay away from certain sites, this thing has hooked up to Yahoo and won't let go. Anybody with a serious fix out there....?

New 'Hoo

That site is not malware or a virus - it is a tracking site owned and operated by Yahoo - so all of their sites and services are accessed by it.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Tracking sites are marked as malware by virus checkers. Get rid of it.

New 'Hoo

S.yimg.com is just a scripting error, you can get rid of it, by closing out your browsing and clearing your cookies and browser history. It's not a malware, cause it's connect to yahoo itself, it's just really annoying.