cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo.com front page continually shows wrong weather location

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Yahoo.com front page continually shows wrong weather location

I've cleared cookies, browsing history...I've shut down Yahoo and Firefox. I even did 10 jumping jacks. Nothing has fixed this. In fact I go to Yahoo weather and select my town...and all is good. Then I go to the Yahoo home page and it's back to Austin, TX. Austin is not in my managed locations. This is horrible. I'd like to be able to exclude Austin and then let it figure out where I am.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @mhjlyle

I think I see the issue.  You did 10 jumping jacks, instead of 10 push-ups followed by 10 pull-ups.  Smiley LOL

You mentioned you had set Firefox to delete your cookies upon exit, did you set your browser to not do that and to enable cookies?  Have you tried going to the Yahoo Home page using other browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Edge?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

This used to self correct but not for over a month now. I'm guessing this is server related and no modem resets have fixed it. I'm going to guess it's the new yahoo owner changes are responsible. So far, nothing else has worked to fix it. All I could do was to save the area I live in my firefox browser toobar. But that doesn't really save me any steps or time.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Churt

Are you using a VPN to connect to the Internet?  Are you using a laptop or a desktop?  Do you have your browser set to delete cookies when you close the browser? 

Detect My Location.jpg

When you click on the location icon to bring up the box shown above can you search for your location.  When you click on Manage locations can you set your location and remove any other locations?

What one other person discovered is that it was their ISP that was doing this because when they took their laptop to their local library and connected to their internet the location was shown correctly on the Yahoo home page but when they went home and connected to their home internet the location was incorrect.  

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.