cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo.com front page continually shows wrong weather location

SOLVED
Highlighted
bg4
Established 'Hoo

Yahoo.com front page continually shows wrong weather location

I change it to the correct location. It accepts it. I refresh the page. Wrong location returns. Clear cookies. Repeat. Same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo.com front page continually shows wrong weather location

Thanks for your suggestion O

That doesn't work. Keeps sending me to a town 10 miles away.

Plain and simple, I keep my expectations very low when using yahoo.

23 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

I have the same issue and have done the same steps that you have. My only answer is Yahoo doesn't care about this issue. Since they are getting bought out, they could careless about minor issues like this.

Mail Pro All-star

@bcs1201and @bg4, if you don't save it it will default to your last location.

Manage your My Locations in Yahoo Weather | https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15528.html

You can track the weather in your favorite destinations by saving them in your My Locations list in Yahoo Weather.

Save a location
  1. Sign in to Yahoo Weather.
  2. Search for a location in the Weather search bar.
  3. Next to the location in the search results, click + Save.
    1. If you don't see "+ Save", click the location to view it.
    2. Once the new location loads, click + Save.
Remove a location
  1. Sign in to Yahoo Weather.
  2. Search for a location in the Weather search bar.
  3. Click the Remove icon Green check box that's next to the location.
If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
bg4
Established 'Hoo

The Yahoo front page will NOT show the accurate weather. I enter the right location, SAVE, it reverts to the incorrect location. Period.

bg4
Established 'Hoo

I can't even add San Francisco. It wants to give me Phillipines or Brazil. Amazingly poor program.

Established 'Hoo

Thanks for your suggestion O

That doesn't work. Keeps sending me to a town 10 miles away.

Plain and simple, I keep my expectations very low when using yahoo.

Pro 'Hoo

A year later an Yahoo still can't fix **bleep**. My location is 225 miles from where I live. East Texas and I live in West Texas

bg4
Established 'Hoo

still shows wrong location on front door. never used San Rafael as a location. I select the right location. Set it. Refresh...goes back to the wrong location.

Pro 'Hoo

Same here , been trying for months to find a solution to this problem but nothing works I guess it's time to give up ? , it seems it will not be fixed ? and there is no way to save location in Yahoo weather that option has been removed , why ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Pro 'Hoo

your solution does not work, there is no way to save location ??????????? no icon to click on to save ? and you go to location for your area set it then refresh page and thern it randomly picks another location ????????????????????????? nothing fixes this problem ? what happened to this ??????????????? will it ever be fixed ????????????????????????