cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo News stories "my comments".

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Yahoo News stories "my comments".

Me too.  I can't see the responses to my comments anymore.  Yahoo changes have been disasterous!!!  The only reason I even use Yahoo lately is to read and respond to bloggers comments.  I find them more objective and though provoking than anything Yahoo's journalists write.

'Hoo Recruit

1. I found a lead. It started when I found this Article: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln3235.html.

2. I signed in and searched my email for the term **Username Removed**@yahoo-inc.com, but only got alerts from 2009. The emails did include my activity.

3. I then searched the term Alerts and I found some emails which gave some activity and the email was named Yahoo! Alerts.

4 Then I realized that the Yahoo email sort is backwards. So if I click newest to oldest the results will show the oldest emails first. I clicked oldest to newest and I don't see any alerts.

So Close But Yet So Far.

Can anyone help us the rest of the way. Helping Ourselves Here!

Pro 'Hoo

Who cares if they are tired of it? Why have a comments section if no one is allowed to interact with each other... one way or the other. Why have cute little "like" hearts and no way to "dislike" a comment? What is the purpose of a "comments section" if people can't agree/disagree and carry on a "conversation"? 

They can do as they please, ocviously, but.... there is no logical purpose for a "like" heart if the person giving it van never see a r[ply or interact with that person, and vice versa. 

Pro 'Hoo

I've noticed (at least on some Yahoo stories) - today- that I'm seeing a thumbs up and thumbs down again....

If they would only bring back the My Comments feature.... so that users could easily track past comments we could maybe get back to square one.

Established 'Hoo

Don't know what jmax is. Regardless, if Yahoo makes it so unpleasant to comment or even have an opinion on a comment, they should have told us. No, I do not like the new Heart/Angry/HaHa/etc. They are ridiculous. A simple yes or no is so much better. So, bye Yahoo, I do not like thought manipulation. Bye!

Pro 'Hoo

Yep...I have had a Yahoo account for 16 years...I am about done. The biggest reason I have hung around was the interaction of the comment section. Yahoo really doesn't seem to care about the opinions of their customers so I guess it's time to leave.

Pro 'Hoo

Well, jmax considering the yahoo blogs have always been dominated by RWNJ's I would welcome that. Regrettably, it's not that simple. They changed for everybody not just you and your ilk.

'Hoo Recruit

I noticed that IE is no longer supported by Yahoo!.  Have you tried a different browser?

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Other-products/COMMENTS-ON-NEWS-ARTICLES/m-p/90476#M2389

New 'Hoo

@jmax wrote:

Me to, the My Comments option is no longer available.  Is Yahoo also becoming part of the progressive media machine to surpress free speech?  Scary.

I agree. I was disappointed to see the top news story was not about our new President Donald Trump taking the oath of office. I have officially unsubscribe from Yahoo news. The people spoke and the liberal media needs to listen. God Bless America and God Bless our new President.

'Hoo Recruit

I understand not being able to comment and interact regarding a particular article. My problem is that most of the news headlines are teasers. If the headline for an article says "Joe Schmoe ate suschi for dinner," when I click on the article I expect to read about Joe Schmoe and his darn sushi. What I get is the exact header written under the picture, if there is one, and then a place for comments but no way to comment. Besides, if I can't read the articles, why comment? I'm so sick of the bs of not being able to read the news that I only use this account to check my e-mail. Otherwise I go to other site to actually read the news. There is no reason to have an account with Yahoo. And yes, I know I am not writing this in the correct section. I couldn't find any other place to write.