cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Why am I anonymous in comments section?

New 'Hoo

Why am I anonymous in comments section?

I'm logged into Yahoo. The name at top pf the Yahoo page says "Ed." The nickname in my profile says "Ed". Yet when post a comment in the Comments Section, I always appear as "Anonymous"? Is there a seperate sign in for Comments? Can't be if it allows me to post? Call me what you like but not Anonymous!

15 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Re: Why am I anonymous in comments section?

i have the same problem....logged in, but anon comments...

New 'Hoo

My comments suddenly began appearing as "anonymous". And all my older comments also changed to "anonymous". I'm curious how I'll show up here, so I clicked to reply. I was already signed in, but was asked for password again. Then asked to complete my profile with a "name". I entered "r1904" before getting this comment-window. Now I'll click "Post" and see the result. 

New 'Hoo

Ok, comes up "r1904" here, but still showing "Anonymous" on other boards like Yahoo Finance. 

New 'Hoo

I've been having the same problem... too bad there are no solutions here!

Established 'Hoo

Same here.... I believe it has to do with the new Oath terms of service, I can't even get to the agree to page, makes me log in and then I get some generic news page.... super lame, now I'm anonymous after using Yahoo for 20 years..... lame there are no answers.

'Hoo Recruit

Same here. I had a rocket mail account that is even older than Yahoo itself... 
I use to have a name but now its all Anonymous. 
I can not even add a name to my account, it doesnt alow me to type anything under name.

Established 'Hoo

Solved: I was forced to download firefox on my phone, where I signed into the regular yahoo sign on page where I went to my profile up top and was able to finally type in my alias for the finance chatrooms I frequent.... my laptop internet explorer and firefox would not work, my phone stock browser would not work.... I did solve this issue finally by downloading firefox for android and now I am no longer anonymous.... thanks me!
New 'Hoo

It's called censorship. 

New 'Hoo

This page made me create a new user name to comment.