cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Fix the comments section already!

Pro 'Hoo

Fix the comments section already!

Just wanted to add a new thread to try to get the point across.

- It's practically impossible to get back to a comment you replied to once you've closed an article, so no discussion is permitted.

- You can never see any replies to a reply you made to a comment, only replies to a comment you made.

- If you open an article as a new page instead of a pop-up, the comments section is different, and clicking a heart or a thumbs up or down (sometimes it's one, sometimes the other) will immediately close the comments section, and it can't be opened again unless you refresh the page, but then it'll just happen again, so there's no point.

- If you click on "my comments" while you have one article up and reply to someone who replied to a comment you made on a different article, your reply to that person won't show up in the same stream. It shows up under the headline of whatever article you had up when you replied.

- If you click the little heart on a reply to a comment, it doesn't count toward the reply, it counts toward the main comment. So if you disagree with the main comment but like a reply to that comment, clicking the heart next to the reply adds to the hearts in the main comment instead, leaving many replies with zero hearts.

It would be great if someone could actually tell us why, oh WHY, the comments section was changed to begin with. It was unnecessary, and I can see it's widely hated, so why is no one fixing it? Absolutely nothing was done right with the current comment set up. Please. Fix. It.

4 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Fix the comments section already!

The comment section is unusable in its current form
'Hoo Recruit

The comments were the only thing worth reading, they might as well shut the **bleep** thing down now.

'Hoo Recruit

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My issue is the same, I think.  I comment on one of Yahoo's terrible articles.  I come back later and it says that I have 3 replies...I click on that and there are not replies.  Unfortunately, Yahoo and Facebook have the market cornered on comment sections.

New 'Hoo

Why does the section concerning comments always  keep changing on Yahoo? When you write a comment and want to go back to the article, I used to be able to click on the comment section and my comments would appear.   I would be able to see the various replies and potential comment on them but with the continously changing format, that is no longer available and I would like to know why?