cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Deleting contacts on yahoo mail app

New 'Hoo

Deleting contacts on yahoo mail app

Downloaded the yahoo mail lap onto my iPad.  The software is all up to date.

when I click on my contacts they are nicely organized.  However, there are contacts I would like to delete.  I click on the contact to delete, click on edit, but there I see no delete feature that shows up on the page.  Would sure like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue, and if so has a solution to this issue been found.

9 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Re: Deleting contacts on yahoo mail app

I am having the same problem. I also don't know how 90% of my contacts were created. 

Established 'Hoo

I recently added the yahoo app to my phone. The contacts in there are all messed up. It's as if all of the email addresses of any of my emails all appeared in my contacts. For example the letter A has 75 contacts. I don't normally have that many contacts under the letter A. When I saw what they were I realized it must have come from the emails. When I log in on a computer the contact list is fine. It's just the app! If anyone knows how to fix this that would be great. I already tried deleting the app and putting it back on but it's still there.

Established 'Hoo

So I was able to delete some contacts on the app by clicking on the contact I wanted to delete, then clicking on the little dots on the top right.

You get a little box that pops up that says Edit Details, Share Contact, Delete Contact.

But since there are so many unwanted contacts in there that are not in my regular contact list I don't know how to delete more than one contact at a time.

New 'Hoo

I know what you mean! When I reply to a Craigslist ad online, Yahoo saves that as a contact? Why would that happen? So, since this is happening aren't they using at the time of storage space?
New 'Hoo

I follow the page guidance and when the small white box with ..cancel  or ok. Comes on screen I press ok, but contact details remain.  /\

New 'Hoo

I am having that same problem. It is very annoying, I do I fix that issue?

New 'Hoo

Thank you

New 'Hoo

I know that this is an old post but I came across this problem and the only solution I found to delete contacts was to switch to the Classic Mail option in settings which then changed how to access my contacts and finally gave me the option to delete contacts.

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Emmygirl29

At this point you may no longer be able to switch back to classic, and I'm not sure all the things have been added to the new mail yet, they should be soon.

Starting January 31, 2019, the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time, you’ll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail, depending on your browser’s compatibility.

Learn more about the latest version of Yahoo Mail at: https://upgrade.mail.yahoo.com/

See a quick how-to-use guide here.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".