cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Can't post on comments

New 'Hoo

Re: Can't post on comments

I suspect that there are so many hits on yahoo articles in the last few days that the server can't keep up.

Pro 'Hoo

It's true.  I have been banned also.  I said nothing negative or inflamatory.  If you are pro Trump you will be banned.  This is not free speech.  Scary times.

'Hoo Recruit

I post but cant find it anymoe on a section which shows my comments / repies ... last post was two months ago so the older ones are there but nothing new ! I usually blast libs but never hate speech or use profanity ... Im sure they blocked me BUT want me to still comment and connect for hits to their site. I have been a member for 30 yes years ! .. Lots worse show up in the comments section ....  now maybe I dont know where to look any suggestions ??

Tags (2)
'Hoo Recruit

Posting on stocks for 20 years, but upon rejoycing after The President's positive medical exam in 2017, now find myself on a short leash, maybe one successful post per month or two.  

New 'Hoo

I'm experiencing the exact same thing, and I can assure you that there are probably very few people, if any at all, who are more anti-trump than I am. It's probably some kind of technical glitch.

'Hoo Recruit

Frustrating stuff!  I can post a comment to certain occasionally but if it's a liberial articles, I can't.  It's clear YAHOO's Bias is with the looney tunes left!

'Hoo Recruit

I can't believe this hasn't been reported on. So they don't tell you that you are banned. They let it look like you post but then your post never happens. This is total violation of the 1st Amendment. There needs to be an Internet Bill of Rights, even though it should already be covered by The Consitution. 

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @rrepsher

"Freedom of speech" clause of the US Constitution, First Amendment.

The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Yahoo is not the government, nor are they attempting to make laws that apply to the population as a whole.

Just as you can set rules and to who is allowed in your house, and what rules they must obey (such as removing their shoes at the door) so does Yahoo as owner of the site have the right to set rules of conduct, which have absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech..

Oath owns Yahoo.  If you are interested in what they say, you can read their policies and Terms of Service here if you like.

Post again if you have questions.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
'Hoo Recruit

It has nothing to do with whether one is posting pro- or anti-Trump missives, as I've spent mutliple days unable to post on certain stories while my comments on other stories post easily.  While our passions may be at odds, I'd argue that we should both be allowed our say.  Best of luck in the future!

New 'Hoo

Yeah..hashtag me too...lol...Its clear what they are doing..i'm doing some tests and screenshotting to send to some fox contacts...Tucker will love this one!