cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Block unwanted "news" of Kardashians

Established 'Hoo

Block unwanted "news" of Kardashians

One of the headlines in Yahoo News today is about Kris Jenner "breaking the internet" by wearing a bikini.  I'm sick of this crap and am ready to dump Yahoo altogether.  Is there anyway to block articles dealng with the Kardashian family?

16 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Block unwanted "news" of Kardashians

Is there a way to block the Kardashians and Jenners from my Yahoo news feed? I am so sick and tired seeing articles about them. 

'Hoo Recruit

If you have Chrome, there is an extention that you can block any word you add to it.  It comes preloaded with all Kim, Kanye.... and a couple of other key words.  

'Hoo Recruit

Kardashian blocker no longer works on Yahoo

'Hoo Recruit

@Darrius wrote:

If you have Chrome, there is an extention that you can block any word you add to it.  It comes preloaded with all Kim, Kanye.... and a couple of other key words.  

Kardashian Filter no longer works on Yahoo

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @owenhatteras

If you see an artile you do not want to read, just skip over it same as you do with a newspaper.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
wdh
New 'Hoo

It's all about money.  You will be force-fed the stories that make them the most.  Your only option is to pass over them... do not click on them.  The more you do, the more money they all make, and the more you will see them in your news feed.

New 'Hoo

I hate the kardashians They have there own show to show there c--p  and keep it off news!!!!!!!

Established 'Hoo

@okietom

That is exactly what I do. I skip the article. The problem is the absolute obsession Yahoo has with these supposed people. Every day there are at least three or four "stories" about them on the Yahoo home page. So, yes, we can skip over them. But the effect this has on Yahoo's reputation is not insignificant to Yahoo as a company. Yahoo is seen as nothing more than a site filled with trivial nonsense that no one with half a brain is going to pay much attention to. And that is not good for a struggling company trying to reestablish itself as having a significant impact on the internet. If I were to turn on the nightly news and find that half of the stories are about the Kardashian's and their kind, I am going to change the channel. The same thing happens here. If I want to see what is going on in the world, I am going to look for a source I feel is reliable and worthy of my time. If Yahoo wants to be seen as a serious news outlet, then it needs to act accordingly when it places articles on its homepage. I don't mind the occasional Kardashian, Jenner, Paris Hilton, or other pop nonsense reference. I can skip them. But when the bulk of what I am offered to view is that type of trivia, I am going to go elsewhere to find something I find valuable. I suppose that clicks generate revenue. But that is a short term strategy that, in the long term, will damage Yahoo, not help salvage it. I suspect though that many of the clicks on the Kardashian stories are people wanting to read the comments. I admit I have clicked on those articles once in a great while, but only for that purpose. They really are hilarious. The venom cast at these trolls is truly astounding. But does my clicking on those articles, on the rare occasions that I do, mean I find Yahoo to be a useful source for news? Not in the least. And therein lies the problem for Yahoo. The obsession with these attention seeking trolls is not benefitting Yahoo in the long run. It is making Yahoo a laughing stock. How is that good?

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @ladysurgerydoc6

I understand.  Frankly the "news" page annoyed me to the point I just quit going to it when opening Yahoo.  Mostly I start with my email, so I just go in using https://mail.yahoo.com/ and avoid the https://www.yahoo.com/ the majority of the time.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".