cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Error code 40402 when editing contact information in Messenger

Established 'Hoo

Error code 40402 when editing contact information in Messenger

What can I do to fix this error?

6 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Error code 40402 when editing contact information in Messenger

I am having the same issue for over a year. im ready to uninstall then reinstall, of corse will have to copy all contact info first. The deffinition of this code reads of a server issue so reinstalling, to me, makes since, to fix this problem. I will let you know what transpires from this action.

Pro 'Hoo

well uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the error issue...BUT it did tell me something i was not aware of and this might be the key problem. yahoo certificates are expired. i suggest you  check yours and if they are then we have our common problem. i tried several differant paths to get them validated or replaced and hit a wall any suggestion from you would be helpfull. i will continue to try and update my certificates in the mean-time. hit me back if you get yours. thx

New 'Hoo

I don't think its a certificate issue. Using messenger 11.5 and fiddler, i receive a error message from *URL Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* error 504 when trying to access contact info or update info within the Messenger client.

Pro 'Hoo

i see all the ADMIN staff online why wont they help us?

New 'Hoo

I am receiving the error when attempting to delete address book entry.

Pro 'Hoo

ADMIN. do not help with this issue for some reason. I am going out on a limb here, but I don't think they know how to resolve this. In other words,............ we are screwed!