cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Conversation History

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Conversation History

So, there was no way to download the entire conversation you had with a person through Messenger, you had to load and download every message manually, but now, the page where you can see your conversation history (https://messenger.yahoo.com/archive/) does not work anymore, it has been removed without any explanation, I still have tons of conversations that I would like to keep, so I hope that Yahoo! is doing something about this and just give us an option to retrieve an entire conversation by one click, or at least bring the page back, I'll put the time in to create a bot to get it for me. I'd like to know what happened to that page and why was it removed, my first e-mail account was with Yahoo! and I have a lot of memories on Y!M which I would strongly like to keep, please provide me and the other users in my situation with a way to get our conversations in a text format. For some of you those conversations might not mean much, but I have chats with people that are no longer with us that I would like to read.

Please make a download button or bring the page back.

9 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Conversation History

ill reply to everyone wanting this for any little amount of good it might do to make this a thing !! Smiley Sad

Pro 'Hoo

I don't understand why this isn't something already.

Pro 'Hoo

*bump*

Pro 'Hoo

*bump*

New 'Hoo

*bump*

New 'Hoo

can't access my conversations history too

the archive tool is not working anymore

Pro 'Hoo

*bump*

Mail Pro All-Star

Hi everyone.

Doing a "bump" on a help page does no good really.

If you want to get staff's attention to look at adding features toYahoo Messenger on the next upgrade, here is the place to go and make suggestions:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/320961?auth=yahoo

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
'Hoo Recruit

I understand, the chats I have are super important to me and I also want to be able to download them all and now they are suddenly gone?!  I hope they aren't lost forever Smiley Sad