cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

ABSOLUTELY hate the new messenger crap

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

ABSOLUTELY hate the new messenger crap

This is ridiulous!  What's wrong with simple and stable?  What dipsh!t thinks that everything needs to be on one window w/o any options to change the display.  Such things as turning off or collapsing the 'start a convo with' or 'invite friends to chat' are not available in the new messenger.  Can't even change the color scheme or whatever!  Even the help section isn't any help because it keeps giving problem solving answers to the old messenger, it can't even apply to issues in this version!

I hate it when they took away Windows Messenger a few years ago but still had my trusty Yahoo Messenger.  That's gone out the window now!

This just sucks.  I also can't have my chat window to the main window in 2 different/separate windows like before.

11 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: ABSOLUTELY hate the new messenger crap

This is not the place for complaints. Try the suggestion forum at https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/320961

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
New 'Hoo

how do u  video chat on  this  new **bleep**?

Established 'Hoo

They have removed everythibg about Yahoo messenger that was fun. Whose brilliant idea was this anyway? Why can't companies leave well enough alone instead of constantly changing things.  I will not be using it once I can no longer access the old format! You have lost a fan!

Established 'Hoo

If They do not keep YIM stand alone messenger vote with your pocketbooks. Boycott Verizon/Yahoo/Fios/Frontier and move to another service! They don't respect us so do not give any money to any of their divisions!

Pro 'Hoo

I DO ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS NEW YAHOO, WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD ONE, IT WAS SO SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE, I CAN'T EVEN FIND OUT HOW TO DELETE A COUPLE OF MESSENGER NAMES THAT HAVE PASSED AWAY. I WANT THE OLD YAHOO BACK, AND SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO,,AGAIN WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD ONE? WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO KEEP TRYING TO IMPROVE ON THINGS THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Established 'Hoo

and it takes up the whole screen !!!!! USELESS JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Hoo Recruit

I agree this new Messenger is S**T!  Can't make the window smaller, Can't make your contact list show who's online or off.  WTF are they thinking!  I know it must be "We want to go out of businessand this is the fastest way to do it, **bleep** off our customers."   I've used Yahoo messenger to contact friends for 18+ years and am going to delete it AND all my yahoo email accounts due to their F*****g with a working product and making it unusable.

It's the only way I have of connecting with a dear friend and now that is GONE!Smiley Mad

Would love to smack the idiots who came up with this version with a 2 x 4!

'Hoo Recruit

This is absolutely horrible and it sucks our business. Shut down this as well. Anyways everyone moving to Skype and other chats. Goodbye to Yahoo!
Tags (1)
  • Tags:
'Hoo Recruit

It is almost completely useless now.  What were they thinking?  Any word on them reverting back?