cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

like gecko ios

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

like gecko ios

Why is my Yahoo account showing it has been signed in by "like gecko" for my IOS account? I have changed my password 100 times and done a two-step verification. Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: like gecko ios

Greetings dasedman

What is Gecko?

Gecko is the open source browser engine designed to support open Internet standards such as HTML 4, CSS 1 and 2, the W3C DOM, XML, JavaScript, and others.

Gecko is used in multiple browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, Camino, and others. Gecko is continuously under development at mozilla.org. Gecko has been known previously by the code names "Raptor" and "NGLayout"; the new name was chosen following a trademark infringement dispute.

For more information see the Wikipedia article on Gecko.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
4 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings dasedman

What is Gecko?

Gecko is the open source browser engine designed to support open Internet standards such as HTML 4, CSS 1 and 2, the W3C DOM, XML, JavaScript, and others.

Gecko is used in multiple browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, Camino, and others. Gecko is continuously under development at mozilla.org. Gecko has been known previously by the code names "Raptor" and "NGLayout"; the new name was chosen following a trademark infringement dispute.

For more information see the Wikipedia article on Gecko.

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Did you find a solution to your 'like gecko' problem?

If so, please let me know.

'Like gecko' keeps appearing as logged in to my Yahoo account and, coincidentally suddenly, NO EMAIL (neither Yahoo nor other accounts) is downloading to my iphone.

My 'like gecko' problem seems to have started about 36 hours ago.

Please help!!!!!!

Mail Pro All-star

@YolandaNell wrote:

Did you find a solution to your 'like gecko' problem?

If so, please let me know.

'Like gecko' keeps appearing as logged in to my Yahoo account and, coincidentally suddenly, NO EMAIL (neither Yahoo nor other accounts) is downloading to my iphone.

My 'like gecko' problem seems to have started about 36 hours ago.

Please help!!!!!!

Greetings YolandaNell

Gecko is part of the web browser you're using, not someone that has compromised your account. 

Are you able to sign into this account from the Yahoo website via a laptop or desktop? 

If so are you seeing new emails coming into this account?

What happens when you send email to this Yahoo mail address from another account?

Are you using an mail program on your laptop or desktop to access your email?

Is your laptop or desktop running Windows or using the Mac OS?

New 'Hoo

What does like gecko iOS mean