cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

changing my sending name

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

changing my sending name

I am unable to do this and the instructions online are very very confusing. Please help. I want to change the way my name shows when receiving an email from me. It currently says the owner's name but it is a business mail account and i want it to show as our business name. I don't know where this setting is to change it.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: changing my sending name

Hello @platinumevents

Help for a business account is found here. https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Mail Pro All-star

@platinumevents

Just put the business name in the "your name" field.

Even though many people use the free Yahoo account for business Yahoo does not want you to. They have added an indemnify clause to their terms to protect them against any problems you have. If due to Yahoo mail problems you lose business Yahoo has no responsibility.

Yahoo scans accounts and can lock ones that it finds are being used for spam. If there is no age the account is treated as belonging to an underage person and is deleted.

If you are running a business professionally you should get a business account. I would not trust a business that is using free email. That is what scammers use. You can get a business website and email for about $10 a month from various companies.

According to the terms of service it actually seems that Yahoo does not allow an account to be used for non personal use.
"Software License. Subject to your continuing compliance with these Terms, Oath grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and APIs provided to you by Oath as part of the Services."

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.

Starting January 31, 2019 the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.
5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @platinumevents

Would this be a free Yahoo account, a Yahoo Mail Pro account, or a Yahoo Small Business account?  Since both the free Yahoo accounts and the Yahoo Mail Pro accounts are for personal use only and using them for commercial purposes is a TOS violation and can results in this account being deactivated or disabled without notice.

If you need assistance with your Yahoo Small Business account you should start here - https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the topic "How do I reach customer service".

How to contact Aabaco Small Business support - https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN7554

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @platinumevents

Help for a business account is found here. https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Mail Pro All-star

@platinumevents

Just put the business name in the "your name" field.

Even though many people use the free Yahoo account for business Yahoo does not want you to. They have added an indemnify clause to their terms to protect them against any problems you have. If due to Yahoo mail problems you lose business Yahoo has no responsibility.

Yahoo scans accounts and can lock ones that it finds are being used for spam. If there is no age the account is treated as belonging to an underage person and is deleted.

If you are running a business professionally you should get a business account. I would not trust a business that is using free email. That is what scammers use. You can get a business website and email for about $10 a month from various companies.

According to the terms of service it actually seems that Yahoo does not allow an account to be used for non personal use.
"Software License. Subject to your continuing compliance with these Terms, Oath grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and APIs provided to you by Oath as part of the Services."

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.

Starting January 31, 2019 the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

I have been all day trying to take my sons name off of my email and just have mine. For some reason I can not get it off. So when I send emails it looks like the emails are coming from my son and not me .... please help !!!!!      my email address is **Username Protected**@yahoo.ca

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @stephboyd

Check out this article and let me know if it works for you.  Be aware if you are sending these emails from an email app the app itself may have a sending name field you have to change.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue