cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

alternative email

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

alternative email

I have entered the alternative email in a sinful way I wrote a com in this form coom and does not reach the secret code to the email What do I do?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: alternative email

Greetings @ahmed73

I'm sorry but if you entered your account recovery email incorrectly there's nothing you can do about unless you can sign into that account to change what was entered.  If that was the only account recovery option available you're not going to be able to recover this account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
12 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ahmed73

Can you tell me what sin you crated by doing this?  It's hard to read your post when you post it in a code box. 

Here's how you can change what you've entered.  Be aware you will need to be able to sign into your account in order to use the information in the article below.

Add or remove an account recovery method - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3544.html?impressions=true

Pro 'Hoo

My friend put my e-mail as an alternative to him and put the e-mail in error so **Username Protected**@yahoo.coom increased the character o in the word com

what can i do to him ?

Tags (1)
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ahmed73

Thus must be an old account as they are the only ones that would allow you to enter a recovery option without requiring you to verify what you entered was accurate.

When was the last time you had successfully signed into this account to check your emails?

Pro 'Hoo

he does not really remember it has been a long time 

Tags (1)
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ahmed73

Yahoo deactivates accounts that haven't been signed into at least once in the last 12 months.  Once the account has been deactivated it's unlikely you can recover it.  The following two articles can provide more information

Reasons Yahoo deactivates or deletes an account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3057.html?impressions=true

Can I reuse my deactivated Yahoo ID? - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3060.html?impressions=true

Pro 'Hoo

how i can know what the emails puted on my account to alternative??
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ahmed73

I'm sorry but I don't understand your response.  Can you explain in more detail?

Pro 'Hoo

my email is a alternative email for another email so the password for the other email was forgotten when try to log in yahoo send recovery code we didn't get the code because when we but the alternative email which is this email we wrote it wrong we just but another O in word com like that (coom)
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ahmed73

I'm sorry but if you entered your account recovery email incorrectly there's nothing you can do about unless you can sign into that account to change what was entered.  If that was the only account recovery option available you're not going to be able to recover this account.