cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Unable to Delete yahoo Account!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Unable to Delete yahoo Account!

I have been trying to delete my yahoo account today but have not been able to. I've searched for solutions and can't find any. Also clicked on help/ contact and the stupid thing redirects me back vs going forward! I can't even contact customer support. 

So when trying to delete I get this: 

"If so, please confirm your identity with your email address.

Are you sure you want to terminate your Yahoo Account?

If so, please confirm your identity with your email address."

I type my email and then I get this:

"Uh oh, looks like something went wrong. Please try again later."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Unable to Delete yahoo Account!

Found it. I need to contact ATT to cancel/ delete my account.   Delete your email address
  1. Go to *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*.
  2. Select Contact info.
  3. Select the Email tab.
  4. Under Free AT&T email account, select Manage. (((If you don’t see that option, your email account can’t be deleted.)))
  5. Next to Member ID, select Delete Account. Select OK.
  6. Confirm that the Status at the bottom of the User Information section now reads Disabled. Your email account has been deleted.
Additional help with deleting an account
If you don’t see the option to delete your account and it’s been 61 days or more since cancelling or disconnecting your service, please *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*.
5 REPLIES
Mail All-star

The message is true. Something went wrong.  you can't fix it.  Yahoo has to fix it.  this problem comes and goes.  wait a while before you delete.  i don't work for Yahoo.

Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings @Amuro2026

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

You will only be able to close a Yahoo.com account using the Yahoo Account Termination page.

If your account is linked to another account you will get the message the message you mention.  You will also get the message you mention if you have the feature Yahoo Account Key enabled.

Closing your Yahoo! account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN2044.html?impressions=true

Be sure you are using either Chrome, Firefox, or Safari as they are the only supported browsers.  

Supported Web browsers - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/update-browser-sln4556.html

I find I get the best Yahoo experience using Firefox with the uBlock Origin ad blocker installed

Clear the cookies, cache, and autofill information for your browser just to make sure nothing stored in your browser is interferring in this operation.  Be sure you select to delete all information as current browsers allow you to delete by date range.  Once you do that close the browser, and then open it again before trying to close your account again.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Pro 'Hoo

It's a sbcglobal.net email.

Pro 'Hoo

Found it. I need to contact ATT to cancel/ delete my account.   Delete your email address
  1. Go to *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*.
  2. Select Contact info.
  3. Select the Email tab.
  4. Under Free AT&T email account, select Manage. (((If you don’t see that option, your email account can’t be deleted.)))
  5. Next to Member ID, select Delete Account. Select OK.
  6. Confirm that the Status at the bottom of the User Information section now reads Disabled. Your email account has been deleted.
Additional help with deleting an account
If you don’t see the option to delete your account and it’s been 61 days or more since cancelling or disconnecting your service, please *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*.
Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings @Amuro2026

I'm glad you found what you needed.  I was just going to post that you needed to contact AT&T for more assistance.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue