cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Switching email addresses now takes me through Yahoo home page - WHY?

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Switching email addresses now takes me through Yahoo home page - WHY?

Prior to the latest "upgrade" that happened about early November 2018, I could move back and forth between my various sbcglobal emails seamlessly.  Now they route me through a view of the Yahoo home page AND I said "NO" to make Yahoo my home page.   I don't want to see the thing.    My bookmarks bar takes me straight to the log in page, it's only switching from one to the other I am subjected to the home page.   How do I make it stop that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Switching email addresses now takes me through Yahoo home page - WHY?

@jujubee6

Ok, let me check back with the team for you.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jujubee6

Sounds good! Keep us posted.

18 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jujubee6

What steps are you doing to switch between accounts?

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @jujubee6

SBCglobal accounts were taken over by AT&T years back.  You may have to to contact AT&T for help.

AT&T accounts

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Established 'Hoo

same steps I've always done

• Go to my avatar up top and access the drop down to switch between or manage accounts
  • select the account I want

Used to just take me there - or maybe to the sign on page.  Now it goes to the Yahoo home page.   Nothing has changed in what I do.  The only thing that has changed is that I was "upgraded" to the new look / arrangement of the emails and files.  This was announced to me one morning when I logged on. I don't care about that - old or new - but along with that came the insertion of the Yahoo home page inbetween switching.   So they changed SOMETHING in the process besides the look of the mailbox.

Established 'Hoo

Yes, I know.  And they "upgraded" the internal look and arrangement of the mailbox - and apparently something else  somewhere.  Please see my more elaborate response to Scooter above.  Thanks.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@jujubee6

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine, from what I can see. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Established 'Hoo

Thanks, Scootermobile, but I do the cache and cookie cleaning daily, and other things as well, since I'm computer based at home for work.   Again, only two things are different

1.  Mail got an upgraded new look

2.  Now I see the Yahoo home page in between "managing accounts."

One followed the other.  I am frustrated that everything was perfectly fine until this "upgrade" came along.

If you'd like to give me a way to send you a series of screen shots, I'll do that.  If you'd like to take over my computer, you can do that.  Just please clue me in on how we can fix this more effectively, because everything is not "working fine."  

Thank you.

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jujubee6

We're not replicating that behaviour. When clicking in the profile picture and then selecting a different account, I'm taken to the login page. Make sure that your browser is not set to clear your cache in each session. 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Established 'Hoo

John:
If you're talking about "delete browsing history on exit" it is checked and has always been checked.  But I unchecked it to comply with your directions -- and it  happened anyway.   (and all 8 boxes on "delete browsing history" are checked and have always been checked - for years I've had it set that way)   So  I'm still back to square one of not having changed anything on my end (consciously, in any case), yet seeing the yahoo home page between accounts corresponds to the upgrade, even if it just seems to be a coincidence.  

I would please like a yahoo staff person to take over my computer and fix this.  Please tell me how this can be done.

Thank you

Judi

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi @jujubee6

I went ahead and got this up to our engineering team for you. We got another report of this issue from another SBC user so it's definitely not related to your browser.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda