cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

I can't access my email at all now

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

I can't access my email at all now

I have been having issues for two months now not being able to access my main email address.  It is a sbcglobal.net email address and I know that AT&T and Yahoo split off in 2017 but I think this is a Yahoo issue.  I have two sbcglobal.net email addresses and I can access my other sbcglobal.net email by going into Yahoo.com.  Sign in and it goes right to my email. The url  even starts with mail.yahoo when I am in my email.  Yes in the left-hand corner it says this: *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* but still the url has mail.yahoo.

So my issue is that on the sbcglobal.net email that I am trying to access I went to change my password it this option came up that said get rid of your password and it said Use Yahoo Account Key.  *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* So I clicked on it and had it use my Samsung Note 8 but I never got a notification on my phone and now I can't get into my email at all.  I called AT&T and sat on the phone being transferred dozens of time for 5 hours all for them to tell me to access AT&T.net.  I was able to get in after numerous times but it doesn't happen every time.  I  get jumped back into a Yahoo screen for me to sign in.  Enter my email and then to a password change screen that I believe is an AT&T web site.  I don't change my password (because I know it) and try again.  Eventually, I get into my email through the AT&T.net web site but I always have to clear my cache or browser history to get into it.  

Yes I have got to the disable Yahoo Key web site but once again it's signing in and kicking me to AT&T.  

I have always been able to access my sbcglobal.net email through the Yahoo mail app on my Samsung phone and my Ipad and still can with the sbcglobal,net email that I have not activated the Yahoo key but once I activated the Yahoo key on the other sbcglobal.net email I can't get in.  

This email that I am trying to access is very important.  I've had it for 17 years and have old emails that I need to access. 

I don't want to keep getting bounced around by telling me Yahoo and AT&T split off or calling AT&T again.  I think this is a Yahoo issue and need someone to access this email and get rid of the the Yahoo Key.

11 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: I can't access my email at all now

Since my links were not posted on the other post here they are *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*   *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Camdog

You can not post links here.  Links and URLs to webpages outside of Yahoo are restricted. Abuse of this function is against the Community Guidelines and can lead to removal from the community

SBCGlobal accounts were taken over years ago by AT&T.  You will need to contact tthem.

AT&T accounts

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Camdog

Yahoo Account Key isn't available for accounts linked to SBC/AT&T. However, if you're trying to sign in and getting to an AT&T page, then they still own the account. Did you ever have the account unmerged from AT&T? Can you send yourself an email (to the account you're signed into currently) with the email address in question? We can check it out from there.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

I did not unmerge them. I heard and read about the AT&T and Yahoo splitting off but because I could still access my email I did not have to do anything. This all happened because of trying to change my password and it gave me the option to use Yahoo Key instead of creating a new password. It stinks that I can't post links to the images that I am seeing on my screen when I try to sign in.  I know you said that you can't use Yahoo Account Key's with a sbcglobal.net email address but I swear I am looking at it right now in my other browser.  It is giving me the option on my other sbcglobal.net address and that is what I chose before all this stuff happened.  

I was able to look at my emails on the Yahoo mail app on my phone and Ipad.  I can still look at my emails on my other sbcglobal email on the Yahoo mail app.  This is all because of the Yahoo account key.  

Yes I can send myself an email to the other sbcglobal email from here I just can't access it from anywhere.  I have tried Explorer and Chrome and I keep keep going through this loop.  Yahoo.com, click on mail, asked my username, then get sent to this AT&T reset password page, I DON'T change my password because I already did before, click the continue button at the bottom, go to ATT.net, sign in on their website (with username and password), click on mail in the left corner, get sent to Yahoo manage accounts (I have 4 accounts), click on the one I am trying to get into, then everything repeats the same way.  Over and over.

Spoiler

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Camdog

Can you send your screenshots in an email to yourself (the account you're currently signed into)? We can take a look at them from there.

Pro 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

I have sent the screenshots to my email that I am currently signed into and the email that I am trying to access.  

Seriously I am to the point that I want to give you or someone in tech support my username and password to try to get into my email and remove the Yahoo Account Key.  Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Camdog

Ok, yeah something glitched here. Let me get this up to engineering to try and get it sorted out for you.

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you!!!! Smiley Happy

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Camdog

Welcome!