cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Hacked account? I am positive my account has been compromised and I know who is doing it but I am d

SOLVED
Highlighted

Hacked account? I am positive my account has been compromised and I know who is doing it but I am d

I really hope someone can help me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Hacked account? I am positive my account has been compromised and I know who is doing it but I

Greetings healing_gardenz

Since you know who's doing it I would visit them and tell them to knock it off.

The following should provide more information on how to recover your compromised account

Recognize and secure a hacked Yahoo Mail account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3516.html?impressions=true

If you had a recovery email address and/or recovery phone number you would receive notification by email and by text that your password and/or recovery information was changed and what to do if you didn't make these changes.  If your account recovery information was changed Yahoo retains your old information for 90 days so that you can recover your account using your previous information.

Use the Sign-in helper mentioned in the article above and choose the option "I don't have access to this phone" or "I don't have access to this email" when you see the account recovery options that aren't yours to see what other account recovery options are available.  If you don't see the account recovery options you set then that means your account was compromised more than 90 days ago.

Yahoo no longer provides direct support via phone or email address for their free Yahoo accounts.  With over 300 million accounts the account recovery process is now completely automated Yahoo determines you are the rightful owner of the account by sending the account key code message to the verified phone number or email address listed for this account.  If the account recovery information you set is no longer available you will not be able to recover this account.  There is no other account recovery option available if you aren't able to recover this account using the automated system.   

All is not lost.  Yahoo will deactivate any account that has not been accessed at least once in the last 12 months.  Once the account has been deactivated it's marked for deletion.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Hacked account? I am positive my account has been compromised and I know who is doing it but I

Greetings healing_gardenz

Since you know who's doing it I would visit them and tell them to knock it off.

The following should provide more information on how to recover your compromised account

Recognize and secure a hacked Yahoo Mail account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3516.html?impressions=true

If you had a recovery email address and/or recovery phone number you would receive notification by email and by text that your password and/or recovery information was changed and what to do if you didn't make these changes.  If your account recovery information was changed Yahoo retains your old information for 90 days so that you can recover your account using your previous information.

Use the Sign-in helper mentioned in the article above and choose the option "I don't have access to this phone" or "I don't have access to this email" when you see the account recovery options that aren't yours to see what other account recovery options are available.  If you don't see the account recovery options you set then that means your account was compromised more than 90 days ago.

Yahoo no longer provides direct support via phone or email address for their free Yahoo accounts.  With over 300 million accounts the account recovery process is now completely automated Yahoo determines you are the rightful owner of the account by sending the account key code message to the verified phone number or email address listed for this account.  If the account recovery information you set is no longer available you will not be able to recover this account.  There is no other account recovery option available if you aren't able to recover this account using the automated system.   

All is not lost.  Yahoo will deactivate any account that has not been accessed at least once in the last 12 months.  Once the account has been deactivated it's marked for deletion.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue