cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

unable to add Yahoo mail to mailboxes

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

unable to add Yahoo mail to mailboxes

Sir/Ma'am,

When trying to add a new mail box to Yahoo, it only allows Google|Hotmail|Aol mailboxes.. and I can't see any option to add Yahoo mail box.

Kindly advise as to how can i add an existing yahoo id to my other mailbox.

Many thanks.

Vinod Patel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: unable to add Yahoo mail to mailboxes

Greetings @ithewin

You would no longer add them in that fashion.  When you are in your email inbox click on your name in the top right corner and then use the "Add or Manage Account" feature to add other Yahoo accounts to this one.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ithewin

You are correct in that Yahoo changed the way linking accounts work.  You can only link non-Yahoo accounts (Google, Outlook, AOL) in that fashion now if you are using the New Mail.  You must use the Manage function for Yahoo accounts now.

7 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ithewin

You would no longer add them in that fashion.  When you are in your email inbox click on your name in the top right corner and then use the "Add or Manage Account" feature to add other Yahoo accounts to this one.

'Hoo Recruit

Many thanks Arthur.

Unfortunately, by adding with the "Add or Manage Account", I can not see the account in the list below Compose button, in the left hand side panel, the way I can see my earlier added accounts.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Vinod Patel

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ithewin

That would be correct because you are managing multiple Yahoo accounts from one Yahoo account.  If you want to send emails from one account you will have to be in that account in order to do that.

'Hoo Recruit

Something must have changed in recent months.

I have been able to add 2 of my other mail Yahoo IDs to this mailbox previously and it all shows up under the same view.. such that it does not require me to go to my account info to switch between accounts. 

It is all shown seamlessly on the same page like this:

*Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

Thanks

Vinod

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ithewin

You are correct in that Yahoo changed the way linking accounts work.  You can only link non-Yahoo accounts (Google, Outlook, AOL) in that fashion now if you are using the New Mail.  You must use the Manage function for Yahoo accounts now.

New 'Hoo

I have the same problem. You have changed a good and useful thing . It is disturbing that I can't add another Yahoo mailbox in the left side and I can't see the notification  of unreaded mails. Can I change an old  Yahoo mailbox address from left side, with an otherone, that I use more often?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Iordantonio

If you had an existing mailbox set up you can certainly remove it but you'll not be able to add another as previously mentioned.  If you feel Yahoo should let you do that you can always leave feedback about this issue.  Jus click on "Settings" and go down to "Give Feedback".