cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

recover an old email account

New 'Hoo

recover an old email account

Hello i'm trying to recover an old email account for my uncle. He is in prison and has not accessed his account in nearly 4 years. Trying to access the email on his behalf to attain legal documentation to help his case. Read on here that yahoo's new system deactivates inactive accounts after 12 months and accounts are likely not recoverable. How do I go about verifying this or who do I talk to for help?

1 REPLY
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: recover an old email account

@isaaclop93

Yes, accounts that haven't been accessed in a year or more are deactivated for inactivity and can't be recovered. As far as legal information goes, check out this link for more info.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare