cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

acccessing emails

'Hoo Recruit

acccessing emails

Im trying to access particular email conversations....and its not allowing them to appear.  its not that theyre gone, i just dont know how to access them. when i type in the search bar the name of the person whom i was emailing, it will tell me how many emails there were in the conversation, but it wont bring them up for me.  

10 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: acccessing emails

@amy1634

So if you type in the subject or content of the message into the search bar and press Search, it won't show any emails to click on there?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

correct.  it will tell me how many emails there were in that conversation but when I try to access them it tells me there aren't any..... its very frustrating because I know the emails are there somewhere or it wouldn't be able to tell me how many there were

'Hoo Recruit

any clue how to remedy this issue?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@amy1634

Can you give an example of a search term you used that brought up results you couldn't get any messages from?

'Hoo Recruit

the name of a specific email recipient.  and like i said its not that they arent there.  it will tell me on the right side that there were how ever many emails with that person in the conversation but it wont let me access them.  if i were to click on the number of messages that we supposedly had, it tells me there is nothing to show.  

Official 'Hoo Staff

@amy1634

So it's possible that the emails themselves have been deleted, but our system is just showing you the history of your past conversations with that address.

'Hoo Recruit

Well I would hope not, they weren’t erased by me. And if they were how can I get them back?
Official 'Hoo Staff

@amy1634

For emails that were deleted in the past 7 days, you can submit a restore request here.

'Hoo Recruit

if there is a history of the conversations, is it possible to acccess them somehow?  Its been a little over a month