cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Spam emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Spam emails

I would like to know how to block an email.  I am receiving multiple emails from Yahoo-Reminder.  It’s clear this isn’t legitimate and they all contain links that I won’t click on.  I find it annoying that there is no easy way to block emails and no good way to contact Yahoo. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Spam emails

@Marktm931z

Those emails are spoofing a Yahoo address, making it seem like they are official Yahoo reminders. If they're going to the Spam folder, then that's good. If they show up in the Inbox, you can mark them as Spam. If you're ever not sure whether or not an email came from Yahoo, you can review the information in this post.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
3 REPLIES
Moderatin' 'Hoo

The best you can do is to report those messages as spam. Depending on the number of similar reports, our Anti-Spam filter may take some time to react and start actively blocking them from reaching you. In the meanwhile, you can either create filters or block those email addresses

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

I have been getting these sams types of emails recently and the email address is "**Username Protected**@reply.yahoo.com" but the content is definitely spam. I have tried marking them as spam and then eventually the legit emails from "**Username Protected**@reply.yahoo.com" are now going into my spam folder. How can these emails be coming from an official yahoo email address and how can I resolve this issue. This posting is marked as solved but there is no real solution noted within any of the replies?

Mark

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Marktm931z

Those emails are spoofing a Yahoo address, making it seem like they are official Yahoo reminders. If they're going to the Spam folder, then that's good. If they show up in the Inbox, you can mark them as Spam. If you're ever not sure whether or not an email came from Yahoo, you can review the information in this post.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare