cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Randomly deleting more than one email - select one message and the next message is also deleted

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Randomly deleting more than one email - select one message and the next message is also deleted

I am having a problem with the mail app deleting more than one email. I choose one mail message to delete (from the list view or the individual email) and the next email (older) may also get deleted. It seems very random, but it happens very frequently and now I am not deleting emails as I dont want to have an email deleted I have not read. Very frustrating

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Randomly deleting more than one email - select one message and the next message is also deleted

@ billk400

If you try disabling Conversations mode, does this still happen?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
20 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Randomly deleting more than one email - select one message and the next message is also deleted

@billk400

Are you using the Yahoo Mail app or the default Mail app on your device? Also, what device and version of OS are you running?

'Hoo Recruit

I am using Chrome to access the emails on my laptop where I am having the problems. I do not have the problem with the android yahoo mail app on my phone. Thanks for your help!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@ billk400

If you try disabling Conversations mode, does this still happen?

New 'Hoo

I am having this same problem with deleting messages in my Inbox.  Delete just one message and the next one also goes into the Trash before I have had a chance to read it!  The next message does NOT belong to the same conversation and comes from a completely different sender.  

Yahoo Tech Support, please advise!

'Hoo Recruit

This has started happening to me in the past week. Also random and I haven't changed the way I do anything. Very frustrating and hoping someone looks into this to resolve it.

'Hoo Recruit

I don't want to disable conversation mode - I like keeping my email less cluttered. I've had it enabled for many months - why has this issue suddenly started in the last week? Thanks

'Hoo Recruit

Sorry, me again - I disabled the conversation grouping but it has not resolved the issue... 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Alleycat75,

This is occurring in every web browser

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

I use Microsoft Edge (on my laptop)