cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Old mail-name not valid anymore, after change of personal name due to divorce

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Old mail-name not valid anymore, after change of personal name due to divorce

Does somebody know how I can change the name that appears with my mail-direction, which now has changed to my birth-name, after divorce? Do I need to close my existing mail-account, and open a new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Old mail-name not valid anymore, after change of personal name due to divorce

Greetings @TM2019

I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting to do but check out this article and see if it does what you want to do.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
4 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Old mail-name not valid anymore, after change of personal name due to divorce

Greetings @TM2019

I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting to do but check out this article and see if it does what you want to do.

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

Hello!

I also have a new name due to marriage.  Everytime I send an email my old name is shown to receivers despite several attempts to change my setttings.

Appreciate your help!

Kim

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Kimmie66

Are you sending these emails from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What settings have you changed?  Have you looked at the article I posted in my previous response? 

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Kimmie66

Change your sending name in New Mail

Did you recently get married, change your name, or just want to reinvent yourself? Just change the "From," or sending name, that displays to your recipients.

1. Sign in to New Mail
  2. Click the Settings menu icon Image of the Settings icon. | More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.
  4. Select the account you want to edit.
  5. Click under 'Your name' to delete or edit your sending name.
  6. Click Save.
If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".