cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Old emails have disappeared

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Old emails have disappeared

I was on chat with a tech guy Dec 21st.  Afterwards, all my :emails prior to that night were gone.  Now I can't seem to get any help

because my e: mail was sbcglobal.net.  Help pages do not recognize that & I cannot get help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Old emails have disappeared

@journihhope @KarriLT,

Starting now you'll need to start signing in to your AT&T and Yahoo email accounts separately since you will now have two unique accounts. Your account password will not change as part of the unmerge process and will continue to work for each account until you decide to change it. 

• When you sign in to your AT&T email account using your AT&T email address, this account will be empty (i.e. there will be no messages, folders, contact lists, etc.).
  • All the data from your merged account (i.e. sent and received emails, your calendar, and contacts) as well as all information associated with Yahoo sites (e.g. Flickr, Fantasy Sports, Tumblr, and Yahoo Groups) will stay exclusively with your Yahoo email address.
  • Sign in to your Yahoo account with your Yahoo email address to continue accessing all of your emails, calendar, and contacts, as well as Flickr photos, fantasy sports teams, Tumblr, finance portfolios, and groups. 
  • Your Yahoo password can be managed in the Yahoo Member Center, but no longer in myAT&T. 
  • Set up each email account separately in any email application you use to continue receiving email and synchronizing calendar/contacts from both email accounts. For example, if you currently have your AT&T email address set up in your email application, you will need to set up your Yahoo address in the application to continue to send and receive email from that account.

If you are unable to remember the password for either account, go to Forgot Password to retrieve your AT&T password. Go to help.yahoo.com to retrieve your Yahoo ID password. Remember, your password will not change when your accounts are separated, but you can change it at any time afterward.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
6 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

I have been trying since 12/21 to get ATT to respond.  Just today they told me they are not responsible, Yahoo is responsible for all my emails, contacts, folders everything missing that night.  Seems to be a trend now.   Did you get help?  How?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@journihhope @KarriLT,

Starting now you'll need to start signing in to your AT&T and Yahoo email accounts separately since you will now have two unique accounts. Your account password will not change as part of the unmerge process and will continue to work for each account until you decide to change it. 

• When you sign in to your AT&T email account using your AT&T email address, this account will be empty (i.e. there will be no messages, folders, contact lists, etc.).
  • All the data from your merged account (i.e. sent and received emails, your calendar, and contacts) as well as all information associated with Yahoo sites (e.g. Flickr, Fantasy Sports, Tumblr, and Yahoo Groups) will stay exclusively with your Yahoo email address.
  • Sign in to your Yahoo account with your Yahoo email address to continue accessing all of your emails, calendar, and contacts, as well as Flickr photos, fantasy sports teams, Tumblr, finance portfolios, and groups. 
  • Your Yahoo password can be managed in the Yahoo Member Center, but no longer in myAT&T. 
  • Set up each email account separately in any email application you use to continue receiving email and synchronizing calendar/contacts from both email accounts. For example, if you currently have your AT&T email address set up in your email application, you will need to set up your Yahoo address in the application to continue to send and receive email from that account.

If you are unable to remember the password for either account, go to Forgot Password to retrieve your AT&T password. Go to help.yahoo.com to retrieve your Yahoo ID password. Remember, your password will not change when your accounts are separated, but you can change it at any time afterward.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

I am not aware that I have two email accounts.  I only set up *.....@sbcglobal.net.  My sbcglobal email is completely empty as of December 30th, 2017.  It sounds like the sbcglobal.net email is tied to an AT&T account.  It also sounds like I have another account where all my past  emails may be.  What is my yahoo email address?  When I enter *......@yahoo.com as my email ID, the prompt tells me the system does not recognize this email address (and why would it?  I've never created any email address except my sbcglobal.net one).  PLEASE HELP.  I am desperate to retreive my emails.  If this is an error on the part of Yahoo, wondering what kind of legal action can be taken for those of us who lost everything.  

New 'Hoo

This is the exact issue I am having.  Have you gotten any assistance from anyone?  I've been working on this for almost two weeks now and am getting nowhere.

Pro 'Hoo

@Jim_Jam why do you just supply the email with the information that is already been sent out by Yahoo! I have tried all of that and spoke with att several times. My reply to others has been the following. I am frustrated that there is no phone number to call for assistance. Everything is coming to a dead end. Here is what I have posted.

I am having the same issues. I have lost all my contacts and all emails previous to 12/29/2017. There is an email that I received about  "where did my emails go?" but the information in this email and all links provided is not helping me. It tells me about the separation and unmerging between yahoo.com and att.net. It tells me to access my yahoo.com ID (I have NO CLUE as to what it is as I never used yahoo.com as an email) I have always since 1997 used prodigy.net as my PRIMARY email and am EXTREMELY frustrated that all of it has gone and every attempt to access my yahoo.com ID ends up at a dead end. Yahoo is not recognizing any of my information and says it doesn't exist. I have been on the phone with att.net and continue to hit road blocks and dead ends there also. The fact that there is NO YAHOO! CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER is extremely stressing since I know there MUST be a work around for my situtation. 20 PLUS years of information, contacts and emails GONE. Why does YAHOO! not have a phone number to contact them for support?

New 'Hoo

On 12/19 all my old emails, contacts and folders on my yahoo account completley disappeared and i was told that is an act of a hacker all the sudden get phone call from some company and they said they will tetrive the info for $1000 i said ok as my folders have lot of my business secreats any way they took the money but were unable to help and know i am fighting to get my money back from amex

Today 1/15 i opened my email then left when came back to check my emails and to respond to some of them they just disappeared i know yahoo sucks but this is too much not sure how to contact yahoo