cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Not receiving some emails and some not reaching the recipients

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Not receiving some emails and some not reaching the recipients

Over the last few years I've had this problem, where just a few emails don't seem to reach the recipient and also a few emails sent to me aren't received. It's inconsistant, and I may not receive an email from someone and then they resend it and it comes through just fine.

This is becoming a problem, as I only have this one email address and I use it for my work as well as friends and family. I'm missing crucial emails, that the sender can see have been sent to me and ones that show up in my sent folder but dont make it to the destination. I've checked all filters and settings and have looked at others who have similar issues on this forum but haven't found any solutions or relevant advice.

If I can't get help to fix this I will have to change to another email provider, which will be a huge task as I've used yahoo for 20 years now. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Not receiving some emails and some not reaching the recipients

Greetings @kiwichick

Just to be clear the free Yahoo accounts are for personal use only.  If you need an account for work you should consider opening a Yahoo Small Business account. 

As I mentioned earlier the only way to resolve this issue would be to investigate each case.  The senders would have to contact the Yahoo Postmaster to see if they can shed an light on this issue.

As you don't know why this is happening now there is no guaranteee you won't have this same issue when you switch to another email service provider but if you feel that's what you need to do there is no better time to change than now.  I would suggest that you go with a paid email service provider to provides direct customer support for issues like these.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @kiwichick

Emails aren't received in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3517.html?impressions=true

If you are not receiving emails being sent to you you should go through the article above.  Create a non-Yahoo email address.  Send everyone an email and verify they have your correct email address.  Give them this new non-Yahoo email address and ask them when the last time they sent an email to you.  Let them know you're having an issue receiving emails from them and ask them to CC you at the non-Yahoo email address to make sure you have a better chance of receiving these emails.  Check if the people sending these emails are getting a bounce back message saying the emails weren't delivered.  The people sending the email would need to contact the Yahoo Postmaster to help resolve this issue. 

You mentioned you were using this email for your work.  Would this be a free Yahoo account, a Yahoo Mail Pro account, or a Yahoo Small Business account? 

For the emails you are sending that aren't received do you get a message saying the emails weren't delivered?

New 'Hoo

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the free yahoo account, the same account I've had for 20 years. The problem is the inconsistancy. I will get an email from someone, then they send another email and it doesn't reach me. They they send a third email and it does. I've gone through all the points in your attached link, but the probelm doesn't lie there. There are no bounceback's when people send me an email and I don't receive it. When I send an email and it is not received it appears in my sent folder as sent. The last one that I know of was last night when someone emailed me and I didn't get it. I sent her an email asking for the form she had emailed me, and we discovered that her email had not reached me. Today we've been emailing back and forth without problems.

If I can't trust that my emails will reach the recipients and vice versa, I will have to switch providers. It's not one or two particular addresses, its quite random by the look of it. I'd really love to sort this issue out, as changing email addresses will be a huge process. I'm guessing 95 - 98% of email are going without problems, but I can't be sure of that!

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @kiwichick

Just to be clear the free Yahoo accounts are for personal use only.  If you need an account for work you should consider opening a Yahoo Small Business account. 

As I mentioned earlier the only way to resolve this issue would be to investigate each case.  The senders would have to contact the Yahoo Postmaster to see if they can shed an light on this issue.

As you don't know why this is happening now there is no guaranteee you won't have this same issue when you switch to another email service provider but if you feel that's what you need to do there is no better time to change than now.  I would suggest that you go with a paid email service provider to provides direct customer support for issues like these.