cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Not receiving e-mails

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Not receiving e-mails

Hi everyone, 

I noticed that my e-mails take a long time to arrive. It can be hours, but sometimes I have to wait overnight to get them. I tried sending myself e-mails and they take a long time to reach the inbox. I am currently waiting for important messages, so it is really annoying to not get my e-mails automatically. I've spent hours on the yahoo help websites, but they are useless and now I do not know what to do. Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Not receiving e-mails

Nothing happens if I refresh the account manually. I just opened the secondary account and saw tons of messages that had not been sent to the main account. So the secondary one will have to become the main one now. All is good. Thank you for your patience!

6 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@laksmymarcela

If you check the headers, can you see where the emails were delayed? You can use this header analyzer if needed. Does this happen with all senders or just specific ones?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

According to the header analyzer, there is no delay in receiving the messages, but I know that it is not the case. 

I have two yahoo accounts and I redirect the e-mails from one account into another to read them simultaneously. Could this be causing the issue? 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@laksmymarcela

That could be, indeed. Are you accessing the delayed account through the main mailbox? If you access the other account directly, do the emails show up right away?

Pro 'Hoo

I actually never access the account that receives the delayed messages, only the main one. Maybe I should just switch and keep the secondary account open and redirect the messages from the main one. But this does not explain nor solve the issue :/

Official 'Hoo Staff

@laksmymarcela

So there's bound to be some delay since the other account isn't being accessed directly. Do the emails show up quicker if you refresh the account manually?

Pro 'Hoo

Nothing happens if I refresh the account manually. I just opened the secondary account and saw tons of messages that had not been sent to the main account. So the secondary one will have to become the main one now. All is good. Thank you for your patience!