cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

No email in Inbox showing before 08/17/2018

Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

No email in Inbox showing before 08/17/2018

I usually access my Yahoo! Mail on my Samsung Galaxy S7 via the Yahoo! Mail app from the Google Play store, the official thing that Yahoo! wants me to use. Especially now that I have to use the stupid dual-authentication to sign onto the desktop website.

So when my Inbox wasn't showing my email before 08/17/2018, I thought maybe it was a syncing problem; it just wasn't "loading" older emails when I scrolled down to the bottom. And then I got busy with work and couldn't look into it . . .

And now that I log in via desktop--both the FireFox and Google Chrome browsers--I see that the same thing is happening. It *seems* like it just won't scroll down past a 08/17/2018 or give me the option to load the next page. Are these emails gone forever?! That's not that long ago! And after cleaning out my inbox, I have only 26 messages showing in there since that date, and that's not that many!

I didn't exactly exhaustively search, but I don't see older emails missing in any of my other folders.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: No email in Inbox showing before 08/17/2018

@therongjr

Sometimes when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

This isn't the issue. It's been like this for a while.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@therongjr

Are the emails still on the web? Have seen this issue happen after removing/re-adding the account from the Mail app?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

No, the emails aren't anywhere. I first thought it was a syncing issue as I had primarily used the Yahoo Mail app, but they are not there when I log on to a desktop.

Why would Yahoo deleted my emails older than that? I didn't have a huge number of emails in my inbox! I am reading a bunch of things on this forum, and dozens of people have had the same problem. When will this be addressed?

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@therongjr

Have you submitted a restore request?

'Hoo Recruit

Yes, I did, but it was more than seven days after I had first noticed the emails not appearing. I didn't think that they were really gone and that it was only a syncing problem. For some of my email client apps, I only have them load the last month of emails so that it doesn't waste storage space on my phone. (I am not the most technical person, so I don't know if I am not explaning that correctly.)

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@therongjr

Unfortunately, if the restore request was not able to bring back your lost emails, the emails are not recoverable.