cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Need help managing multiple emails

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Need help managing multiple emails

So I have it where I can see both my email address's all in one place. I just click between them. Well recently someone used my phone and also logged into there Yahoo account so not I can see his email in my list of emails. I am having trouble logging out of his and taking it off the list of my emails.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Need help managing multiple emails

@LukesMa2015

Sounds like you may have linked the mailboxes together. Check out this article and follow the steps from a laptop/desktop to remove the other mailbox.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
9 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@LukesMa2015

Sounds like you may have linked the mailboxes together. Check out this article and follow the steps from a laptop/desktop to remove the other mailbox.

'Hoo Recruit

Quick question. When you do this remove, It doesn't delete the eMail account does it? My wife and I have a Yahoo account that we use for all of our "family business" and then we each have our own Yahoo account. Somehow she got her OWN personal account hooked to the "family business" account. So anytime I sign in to the "family" account I can also see her personal account. So can I do this same routine to shall we say "unhook" those 2 yahoo accounts? Would we have to be signed out of all other computers that MIGHT be accessing the account?

Tags (1)
Official 'Hoo Staff

@CHUCKASI

If you remove a linked mailbox from another, it won't delete that account. It only removes access to it from the account it's linked to.

'Hoo Recruit

Scooter. thanks for the quick response. Again though, what if a computer is still signed in to the email that shows both of the accounts. And I perform the unlink on another pc. Is that going to defeat the purpose? Shouldn't I make sure nobody is signed in anywhere? 

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@CHUCKASI

It will remove it across all devices.

'Hoo Recruit

Scooter again thanks

I'm sorry but this is my wife's account and if I screw it up I will not hear the end of it. Under the "Remove Mailbox" square it says it will remove all the emails from Yahoo Mail and this can not be undone. So if I remove her personal email from the Family email management, will the emails still be there if she logs in just to her personal account. 

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@CHUCKASI

Yes. The account and the mailbox for the removed account are not deleted after removal. It only removes access to it from the account you are having it linked in. 

Hope that makes sense. Smiley Very Happy

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

That's what I wanted to hear. The "personal" account is NOT going to disappear. So in other words Yahoo Mail Pro is running about like a local eMail client but with out having is stored locally, it is just running as an app providing "Views" (with update) to your email accounts and removing it hear only removes it from the "View".

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@CHUCKASI

Yes. That is correct. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.