cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mail app won't download Yahoo email on my desktop

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Mail app won't download Yahoo email on my desktop

For several weeks now, the Mail app on my MacBook Pro, which has worked for years, won't download any new emails from my Yahoo email account.  It still works fine in the Mail app on my iPhone and when I access my mail using the Web browser on the Yahoo site, so the problem is not the account itself. I tried to follow some advice I saw about deleting my account in Mail, then re-adding, and I did that, and it deleted it all right, but now it won't add it again.  It says I'm signed in, with the correct password, but the whole app is blank and empty and when I choose "Get New Mail" it just makes the "ding" sound that it used to make when I just didn't happen to have any new messages. I know there were some similar general problems a few weeks ago, but has it now been resolved for everyone but me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Mail app won't download Yahoo email on my desktop

@omniumgatherum,

The app can no longer be used on a desktop. You will need to access mail via yahoo.com. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
3 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@omniumgatherum,

The app can no longer be used on a desktop. You will need to access mail via yahoo.com. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Whoa, that's insane. It might be time to jump ship to another service ...

The Mail app is so much more versatile and easy to use than the web-based alternatives or than Yahoo's own apps on tablets, for example.

Ah well...

Thanks for the reply!

Chris

New 'Hoo

I couldn't download files from senders. How to open the files?