cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Lost all my old sent emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Lost all my old sent emails

Dear Yahoo,

I accessed my yahoo account after awhile  and I realized ALL of my old sent emails have been lost, from the very beginning. In them, are important pictures, granted I should have made a backup but little did I know such a thing like this would happen.

I kindly request your assistance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Lost all my old sent emails

@Kary_Reyes_87

@ysikorskiy

Sometimes when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings @ysikorskiy

The only way you're going to be able to get them back is to send an email to everyone you had sent an email to and let them know you've had some email issues and ask them to forward copies of any emails you had sent them.

Please be aware that Yahoo requires that you need to sign into your Yahoo account at least once every 12 months in order for it to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  If you are able to recover your account finding your inbox empty of all contents is a likely result of this inactivity.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
8 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings @DC-Dave

You said you hadn't accessed your account in a while, can you be more specific?  Has it been days, months, or years since the last time you had signed into this account from a laptop or desktop via the Yahoo website to check your emails?

New 'Hoo

Hi I also have the same issue, i believe itwas over a year I didn’t access my email and now that I’m in i only see emails from 2018,2017 and 2016. I see all my sent emails back from 2009 but not any old ones in my inbox. Can someone help please.
New 'Hoo

Haven't been in my account over two years and found out that all the old mails disspaeared, I really need them back...

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Kary_Reyes_87

@ysikorskiy

Sometimes when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings @ysikorskiy

The only way you're going to be able to get them back is to send an email to everyone you had sent an email to and let them know you've had some email issues and ask them to forward copies of any emails you had sent them.

Please be aware that Yahoo requires that you need to sign into your Yahoo account at least once every 12 months in order for it to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  If you are able to recover your account finding your inbox empty of all contents is a likely result of this inactivity.

'Hoo Recruit

Hello Arthur,

Last time I accessed my account was a year ago. However, I didn't check then if I had my sent emails.

'Hoo Recruit

And at that time, just like now all my inbox emails are there.

Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings @DC-Dave

In light of your answer my previous response would cover you also.