cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Last 4 months of Inbox dissapeared

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Last 4 months of Inbox dissapeared

Hi,
All my inbox from Sept. 6th 2018 to Jan. 3rd 2019 have disappeared. I tried from my laptop browser as well as my (android) phone app and it is the same.
The deleted emails for that period show in the trash folder. Sent emails are there too, just inbox.
When trying to search important emails, the email address auto fills but no emails are found.
In that period, I had a baby and my best friend died so I am desperate to get some of these emails!
Please help!
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Last 4 months of Inbox dissapeared

@Antoine1

Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
6 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Antoine1

Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

'Hoo Recruit

Same thing has happened to me twice this month. Why the heck are all these random emails getting moved to the Trash?!? They were either in my Inbox or in folders, all nice and organized. Grr. I only access my emails via the Yahoo Mail app and my laptop.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@klwilcox

If you check the default Mail app on your Android device, is Yahoo Mail set up there?

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for the question. No, it's not my default email app. I actually don't have a default email app set up.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@klwilcox

Most devices come with one, is there no other mail app on your device?

'Hoo Recruit

I guess I chose not to set a default at some point. :-P I also use Gmail. I access each email account through their respective apps.