cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Inbox and Email issue with highlighting

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Inbox and Email issue with highlighting

When I open yahoo, and check email it has a tendency to highlight, in blue, the entire column of emails. Then I open an email and it highlights all the words in the email.

Why, this just started a couple weeks ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Inbox and Email issue with highlighting

@swrightus

@Steve40th396

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I wasn't able to get the whole column to select (unless I clicked on the top "select all" checkbox). If needed, check out the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Need help on Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
7 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Steve40th396

You might have a sticky key on your physical keyboard. Does it happen when accessing mail from any other device?

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

New 'Hoo

I am having the exact same problem and noticed it a few weeks ago.  For me it happens after I compose or reply to an email.  Prior to that everything shows up without the highlighted row.

Pro 'Hoo

It only does it on yahoo. Not any forum or gmail

Official 'Hoo Staff

@swrightus

@Steve40th396

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I wasn't able to get the whole column to select (unless I clicked on the top "select all" checkbox). If needed, check out the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks, I cleared cache and cleaned the heck out of my keyboard. Only key sticking is the #6 button. So, I will disassemble keyboard and clean it.. I also used an external USB wireless keyboard, it made no difference. I think the touchpad on my Sager is sensitive. There are not adjustments to it, and I have had this since 2011. I will ask Sager if there is anything available to adust that isnt OEM software.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Steve40th396

Sounds like a thorough course of action. Let us know if anything changes or if you keep seeing this issue.

New 'Hoo

What is the solution to the "highlighting" issue? It is marked "solved" but I don't understand the solution. Highlighting continues to be a distraction in my yahoo mail.