cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

How do i post/add to a thread?

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

How do i post/add to a thread?

Hello,

How do I add to a forum/help community thread?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: How do i post/add to a thread?

@ashgad74

You can ask questions about Yahoo products and services in the Yahoo Help Community forums. Here's how.

1. Sign in to the Yahoo Help Community forums.
2. Choose the product you'd like help with.
3. Select the category your question best fits under.
4. Click Start a topic.
5. Enter a subject for your question in the "Subject" box.
6. Enter your question in the "Body" box.
7. If the product forum requires it, type a label for your post in the "Label" box or choose an existing label .
8. Check "Email me when someone replies" to be notified of replies by email (optional).
9. Click Post to submit your question.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
9 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

I am frustrated beyond belief at the disappearing email and subsequent re-loading on both my iPhone and my iPad.  It happens almost daily now and I want to know how to resolve this.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@AVS1232003,

You can ask a question/post to a question following the steps here

@Momidd9 - Our engineers are investigating. So far we have determined that this is an iOS issue and you would need contact Apple for further support with there product. We do recommend checking your IMAP or POP settings and in some cases, you would need to enable an app specific password. In the meantime, we recommend downloading and using the Yahoo Mail app.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Have you had any luck with this question? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I just want to ask a question and it seems the only way you can get help from yahoo is to pay $39. Ridiculous. I am about to delete my email account and just move over to gmail.

New 'Hoo

I tried following your steps. I am in the help community forum. Nowhere do I see a place to select the product and then ask a question. Could you make this any less user friendly to get assistance from Yahoo???? Please advise. 

Mail Pro All-star

@ashgad74

You can ask questions about Yahoo products and services in the Yahoo Help Community forums. Here's how.

1. Sign in to the Yahoo Help Community forums.
2. Choose the product you'd like help with.
3. Select the category your question best fits under.
4. Click Start a topic.
5. Enter a subject for your question in the "Subject" box.
6. Enter your question in the "Body" box.
7. If the product forum requires it, type a label for your post in the "Label" box or choose an existing label .
8. Check "Email me when someone replies" to be notified of replies by email (optional).
9. Click Post to submit your question.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Established 'Hoo

i could locate the main menu to initiate a post so i have replied to best fit solution which does not directly answer

when i sign into yahoo help community.

I do not get a list of forums for posting

the follow menus home mail, finance... appear above  the search engine box  where i have entered my query

(i noticed that a help path appeared to the best fit for my query.

However since the posts did not directly answered my query I would like to know how to access the new post screen

Could you please advise via detailed instructions on how to access the correct path in the help menu to allow me to generate a new post ?

Thank you

Tags (1)
Official 'Hoo Staff

@ntracs

In a thread, you can click the Reply button to respond to a post. Otherwise, you can click on "Ask a question" to create a new topic.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

Thanks for responding . On the right of the solution I see a box for Reply however I donot see a box to allow me to Ask a Question.  Could you please let me know where i can find the Ask a Question Box.

Thanks

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ntracs

Yahoo Help Community Inbox Management.JPG

If you look to the top of the page you should see what is shown in the above picture.  Click on "Inbox Management" to close this thread and go back to the main screen.

Yahoo Help Community Ask a question.JPG

Now if you look on the right side of your screen do you see what is shown in the picture above.  If you don't what browser are you using?  Some people have commented that when they use Google Chrome to view these fourms that they don't see this button but when they switch to Firefox they do see this button.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.