cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" help won't tak

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Help, all emails prior to 21 December disappeared

I haven't changed any settings/preferences on my Sky email account for years. Everything I received before 21 December 2018 has vanished. I changed iPhone back in October and I have checked settings on there, but nothing indicates emails would be automatically deleted. I delete junk emails daily but I haven't deleted nearly 2 years of emails accidentally. Why have they recently disappeared en masse, and how do I get them back in my inbox?

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" h

I haven't amended any preferences via computer for many years. I updated my iphone back in October but have checked email preferences on that device and nothing seems amiss. I ahven't accidentally deleted 2 years of emails from any device. Emails have vanished from my Inbox since Christmas. Up until Fri 4th January, emails prior to 21 December had disappeared; since then a few have reappeared in my Trash but only as far back as 16 December. So still misiing a couple of years of emails - how can I get the emails back? - some are important!

Mail Pro All-star

Re: Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" h

Hello @tpeters

Restorations aren't always successful.  Sorry.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Pro 'Hoo

I don't understand. I have lost all my emails from my inbox through no fault of mine and there's nothing that can be done to rectify the situation?!? Does this happen all the time? I can't believe that nothing can be done - these are important to me. This is serious - is there anyone else I can contact to sort this out?

Mail Pro All-star

@tpeters

As staff has said several times:

"Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails."

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".