cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" help won't tak

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" help won't tak

e my "Yahoo ID" (email address or name that I use) in order to send help request to Yahoo.

How can I get through to Yahoo mail customer support?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" h

@hokieAl

I can manually restore the emails for you that we have. Check your Trash folder for any recovered emails. When did you notice these emails missing? Today? It's possible that they were deleted sometime ago by another app/program.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" h

@tpeters

Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

14 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Help, all emails from 11/9/17 to approx. noon yesterday disappeared. Yahoo "restore" help won...

@hokieAl

Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for the reply, BUT I don't access my yahoo email from phone or other device.  That probably isn't the problem.

(I had a typo - mail from 11/9/18, not 11/9/17, disappeared.)

I assume that a 7 day restore should fix my problem but the help function to Yahoo won't take my "Yahoo ID" and forward my request to Tech Supt.  I've input my email address and my address minus the "@yahoo.com" (what I use when I need to log in) but it still gives me an error.  Any idea how I can convey my restore request to Yahoo?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@hokieAl

I can manually restore the emails for you that we have. Check your Trash folder for any recovered emails. When did you notice these emails missing? Today? It's possible that they were deleted sometime ago by another app/program.

'Hoo Recruit

@Scootermobile

I was looking at my email yesterday around noon and the bunch I described just disappeared.  Can't find them anywhere.

I was using my laptop, same as I always do.  I'm on email everyday. 

Thanks

Official 'Hoo Staff

@hokieAl

If you check the default Mail app that came with your laptop (whether Windows or OS), is your Yahoo account set up there?

Pro 'Hoo

I am having the same problem. All my emails before 21-12-2018 have disappeared from my inbox. How can they be restored? I have sent a request to restore emails but that only recovers from the last week - there's no way of recovering anything older

**Username Protected**@sky.com

Official 'Hoo Staff

@tpeters

Restores aren't guaranteed, but usually they bring back anything deleted in the past 7 days, not necessarily 7 days old. Be sure to check the Trash folder for any recovered emails.

Pro 'Hoo

I don't understand - nearly 2 years of emails have disappeared from my inbox. The account is in regular use and I certainly haven't accidentally deleted them from either my computer or iPhone. How do I get them back?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@tpeters