cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

For email recovery

Highlighted
New 'Hoo

For email recovery

I have not used my Yahoo Mail for the last several years and as soon as I checked the mail today, all the previous messages were deleted automatically. Please help me to recover my emails.

1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: For email recovery

Greetings @singhsanat

Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for the account to remain active.  Otherwise the account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Not long after that happens your inbox and all its content is deleted.  When you come back to the account years later you may be able to recover your Yahoo account but since your inbox was deleted a new one is created.  Since it is new it will be blank. 

There is no way Yahoo can recover this information.  The only way to recover these emails would be to contact the people that sent the emails you wish to recover and have them forward new copies to you.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.