cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Emails going to spam folder

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Emails going to spam folder

Hi, I have a couple friends that have the majority of their emails end up in my spam folder. Not all of them, just most. I repeatedly unmark them as spam when it happens. Both of these email addresses are in my contacts and I have no filters set up that would be affecting these.

Anyone know what else to check?

Thanks

13 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Emails going to spam folder

@mcnish1

Check out this post on how our spam filters work and what you can do about it.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Thanks, unfortuantely that doesn't help much.

I am repeatedly marking these emails as "not spam" and I also send replies to these people regularly so their addresses are in fact in my address book. So there should really be no reason whatsoever for these to go into my spam more often than not.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @mcnish1

To investigate this matter further can you list the subject and date/time of the last five emails that went to the Spam folder and then you click on "Not Spam" so they would go to your inbox.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Pro 'Hoo

All of them have been marked not spam so i'm not certain which ones they were now. But I will keep an eye out for some in the next few days and post that. Thanks for the help!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@mcnish1

Also, make sure you are marking them as Not Spam from either the web or the Yahoo Mail app to make sure the request reaches our systems.

Pro 'Hoo

Hi, I had the same person sent me 4 emails this morning. None of which had any subject (not done intentionally). 3 of them went into my inbox fine, but one at 9:53AM Eastern went into my spam folder. Will keep an eye out for more.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@mcnish1

If you give the subject line of that one that went to Spam, we can check it out from our end.

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks, as I mentioned it didn't have a subject line. That was left blank by the sender.

It just shows up as:

(No Subject) You better take a ride...

And it was received at 9:53AM EST

Thanks again!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@mcnish1

Sorry, I missed that subject line bit. Just me not reading carefully. Smiley Happy Anyway, according to the headers, this email was delivered to the Spam folder because an email from the sender had been marked as Spam in the past.