I was part of another thread regarding this topic and went through a bunch of trouble shooting and nothing helped. The follow up I submited was not answered so I'm starting a new thread.
I have several emails in my inbox that will not delete nor will they move to another folder. It says it's deleted, but they always reappear when the page is refreshed. Note: I use the Yahoo mail app on IOS and yahoo.ca on my PCs. No other device is used.
The following is everything I've tried:
- Deleted and readded the Yahoo mail app
- removed my yahoo account from the IOS default mail app and did not readd it
- I sent myself a screenshot of my inbox and it was then looked into from yahoo's end. I was told the engineering team looked at it. At this point they asked that I delete and redownload the yahoo app again, which didn't work
- I tried to reset my yahoo password in order to log me out of anywhere else I've been logged into but I don't seem to have a password anymore, just the security key
- I then was told to submit a report via the feedback link and nothing came of that
- I added one more repsonse to the last thread on Oct 4 and have recevied no response.
The emails are always to and from the same person and every new thread that is created just gets added to the list of emails that will not delete or move from my inbox. Can someone please help me!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Okay that actually did work surprisingly but is that the only solution we can come up with? There has to be a better way - some of these email trains are days long and I can't always go through and delete them one by one.
To easily delete them after switching off conversation mode, you can move the email in a folder and then select all the emails in the folder to delete them.
If you are using the New Mail you can create a new folder called "Deleted Emails" and then move any emails you want to delete into that folder. Once you do that you can click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the folder name and then click on "Delete all emails".
You can move the email before switching conversation view off and after they have been split into individual emails, you can use the select all checkbox and then delete all emails in the folder. You can also click on the down arrow next to the folder and then select "Delete all emails".
Ya as I mentioned in my original post I can't move the emails to another folder either. They just pop right back into my inbox. I'm glad I finally was able to clean up my inbox but pretty bummed that I'll have to do this single email delete going forward - very surprised there isn't a better solution.