cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Emails 2 weeks old automatically going to trash (on outlook and on server)

SOLVED
Highlighted

Emails 2 weeks old automatically going to trash (on outlook and on server)

Hi all.  I've scanned through the previous questions and I've found people with issues similar than mine, but none of the responses I found helped me, so here I am. 

A couple of months ago I began having issues with my emails.  We use outlook and three computers on the network have access to this same email (we can all see all incoming emails, but only see what we each send on our computers).  I was the only person having issues.  We utilize Office 365 so I called them.  My issue was that sometimes I simply could not send/receive any emails.  It was like it would get stuck.  

The tech ended up deleting my account and putting it back.  We saved everything so that no emails would get lost.  We switched from POP to IMAP.  It seemed to work. 

Then one day I was searching for an email that I had received a couple of weeks before from a client and could not find it.  I checked one of the other computers in the office and it was on that computer, but not mine.  Odd.  I checked the server and found that I was missing all emails from the month of April.  Insert small heart attack here.  We **never** delete emails.  

I checked the other computers and the emails are all there.  The problem is only on my computer (the one that switched to IMAP) and the server.  

I checked back periodically and found that every email, incoming or outgoing, is sent to trash at the 2 week old mark.  I've been having to go in on a daily basis and put everything in the trash folder back in my inbox so I don't lose it.  **I need these emails.** All of them.  Moving them on a daily basis is tedious and I don't have time for all that.  

I checked and the only rule I have is to send all zazzle.com emails to junk because they're junk. 

I checked the properties on all of my folders and told them to never archive. 

I can't find a setting or rule that is checked to tell it to do this, although some folders were told to archive before I went through the settings.  I don't know how they got that way because I would never archive anything.  

Please help because at this point I'm ready to beg a tech person to come in to figure out what is going on.  We don't have an IT department.  It's all on me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Emails 2 weeks old automatically going to trash (on outlook and on server)

@SeibertandGibbs,

I see no issues on Yahoo's end and or any filters set. I would suggest contacting Microsoft for support with their product. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
2 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@SeibertandGibbs,

I see no issues on Yahoo's end and or any filters set. I would suggest contacting Microsoft for support with their product. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!

Thank you.  I was afraid of that!