cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Email filters suddenly not working.

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Email filters suddenly not working.

My filters have been working good until recently and now as others have posted they are being dumped into my inbox.  I now have over 1300 emails in the inbox.  I have tried deleting the filter and resaving the filter, checking the wording was right, and they are still going into the inbox.  I never had a problem until recently and am not sure how to correct this.  I thought maybe the old filters were corrupted and that starting over would correct it, but it did not.  My filters are mainly from the Facebook groups and so you can see why there are so many in the inbox.  This is very annoying considering this area of Yahoo Mail was working fine all along and now it is not.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Email filters suddenly not working.

@katlvr

So if emails are going into the Spam folder, any filters you set up won't affect that. Emails coming to your mailbox hit the Spam filters on the account before they hit any filters you set up. If your emails are going to Spam, keep marking them as Not Spam there.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
4 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@katlvr

Filters work based on position. Are there any filters above your Facebook Groups one that might filter the emails to the inbox instead of a folder? Did you make any changes to your filters around the time this happened?

'Hoo Recruit

I did have a Facebook filter that directed those items into a folder that I have had for quite a while. I would use it when I saved a recipe on Facebook and they would always go into that folder.This worked along with the group postings going into their respective folders I created within Yahoo Mail.  This filter was showing to put any emails from Facebook into the Inbox. Not sure why all at once everything that came from Facebook would go into the inbox.   I deleted that folder entirely and now the group postings are going into my Spam folder.  I double checked the filters and resaved all of them and the postings are still going into the Spam folder.  I corrected the group emails going into the Inbox by doing this but am still not sure why they are not going into their respective folders I created.  My wording for the filters was to put in the "to" option box the name of the group and then put it into that respective folder.  This has always worked before.  No I have not made any changes to my filters before this all started.

I did switch over to the other type of email within Yahoo  thinking this might have been some of the problem and that is where I saw the Facebook filter was still there even after I deleted it from my Classic Mail filters.  After I deleted it I went back to Classic Mail  but still did not correct the problem entirely as I stated above with the group postings going into the Spam folder.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@katlvr

So if emails are going into the Spam folder, any filters you set up won't affect that. Emails coming to your mailbox hit the Spam filters on the account before they hit any filters you set up. If your emails are going to Spam, keep marking them as Not Spam there.

'Hoo Recruit

I did mark them as not spam and they went right back into the inbox.