cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

EMAILS ARE GONE

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

EMAILS ARE GONE

Any email in my inbox before October 9 is GONE! I’m super **bleep**! And yahoo is impossibly to contact! The restore request asks if you were hacked or you deleted them. Neither!!! Yahoo screwed my inbox up!!! I believe it happened when they gave me this “great update”!!!! GRRRRR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: EMAILS ARE GONE

@MDL99

If you're accessing Yahoo Mail through a POP connection, occasionally they are set up to leave the emails on our servers for a certain amount of time and then delete them. Most mobile apps using IMAP instead of POP. However, syncing issues with IMAP can caused unsynced messages to be deleted. The default iOS Mail app has a bit of track record for doing this.

8 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

The exact same has happened to me.....

Is there any resolution to this???

Pro 'Hoo

I have requested a "restore" like they have told you to do , and nothing. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@MaryH

@adamjones1uk

@MDL99

Sometimes when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. It may be set up to download emails from our server but not leave a copy of them, making it look like emails disappeared. Also, syncing issues between the account and a mail app can cause emails to be removed from our servers and be deleted or moved to the app/client instead. If you access the account through a mobile device or app, you may want to remove the account from the device and re-add it to resolve any syncing issues. If needed, you can request a Mail restore here. Keep in mind that restores aren't guaranteed and any emails are usually restored to the Trash folder.

Pro 'Hoo

I have an Iphone and was using the mail app on that phone ( not the yahoomail app, just the IOS one ) and deleted and reinstalled several times to no avail.

Already requested a mail restore, nothing as of yet. 

So if they download from your server and not leave a copy where do they go?

THese were not recent emails but averything from 2009-til Nov 3 2017. I havent had an iphone that long. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@MDL99

If you're accessing Yahoo Mail through a POP connection, occasionally they are set up to leave the emails on our servers for a certain amount of time and then delete them. Most mobile apps using IMAP instead of POP. However, syncing issues with IMAP can caused unsynced messages to be deleted. The default iOS Mail app has a bit of track record for doing this.

'Hoo Recruit

All my emails from Oct 29th and back are gone.  I have requested restore, but it just borught back a bunch of emails I had deleted in the last week.

All of my emails since I signed up for the service are GONE.  WTF.  20 years of emails. 

I want them all restored.  I did not delete them on my own. 

YAHOO - please find them and put them back in my account.  ASAP.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@racerobe

Keep in mind that restores aren't guaranteed and that we can only try to restore emails deleted within the past 7 days.

Pro 'Hoo

That's not comforting after the fact. And reading your response to another person in this thread it seems like i can kiss every email i had in my inbox goodbye. I didn't delete them. I kept those emails for a reason. I would like them back. Please don't copy and paste the ".. restores are not guarenteed... "